Cold Air Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
is there a part number for the lid

I can tell you the tall lid was stock on my '82 305. I will try and look tomorrow for the the part number on the tall lid.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I can tell you the tall lid was stock on my '82 305. I will try and look tomorrow for the the part number on the tall lid.
i have a semi tall lid for a olds 260 air cleaner(ODLY enough??) i was gonna use that. not quite as tall but in between i think

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
where do you get such a beautiful tall lid for your wonderful cleaner good sir? I want a filter that big, not because i need it but because I want it!

My K30 came with it, but I found one at the local Pick and Pull for my '79. The filter is 2" taller. Most 81 & up trucks have this lid.

'79 K15
You must be registered for see images attach

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
i have a semi tall lid for a olds 260 air cleaner(ODLY enough??) i was gonna use that. not quite as tall but in between i think

Taylor, no part number on the lid. Looking at the pictures again I can see there are 2 different styles to to the top of the tall lids.

dvdswan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
If one fresh air inlet is good, two must be better.... and it is!

That's exactly what I was going for when I built this...

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
That's exactly what I was going for when I built this...

Hey Dave, The reason I added the second snorkel was to correct a problem. In the quest to get my big block to run better through warm up I added the trapped vacuum spark the 305 had and the heat stove air cleaner. This made start up and drive possible, but I had a small issue. While still in warm up if I punched the throttle I got a hesitation. Then I could hear the stove door slap open and the engine would go.

I remember seeing, of all places, a two snorkel factory air cleaner on a dodge van. The second snorkel without a heat stove, had the vacuum motor on the trap door straight to manifold vacuum. So that is how I setup my second snorkel. The trap door to manifold vacuum and the heat stove opening blocked off. This did correct the issue.

So when the engine is warm, the second snorkel is closed. But if you nail the throttle, the manifold vacuum drops and the second door opens. Plenty of air to get in the big block.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
where do you get such a beautiful tall lid for your wonderful cleaner good sir? I want a filter that big, not because i need it but because I want it!
Strip one off a California emissions truck.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
@bucket said he was gonna mail me one of those deals - I wanna play!

You should be getting that air intake doohickey soon. I actually thought it would have been there already.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
:peace: Look at all the fun everybody's havin. Why the surge of air inlet posts lately? Pretty neat.:pimp:
Truck is hittin the shop Monday :sawzall:

It wont be long before we begin talks with DALE @ Performance Auto Painting _ re:bodywork :uhoh2:

Got any pics?

I do! Took em just for you - 82.
I understand this is the internet and it runs on pictures. :waytogo:

Lookit that TBI air cleaner stud spacing :birgits_tiredcoffee

Last edited:

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
:peace: Look at all the fun everybody's havin. Why the surge of air inlet posts lately? Pretty neat.:pimp:
Truck is hittin the shop Monday :sawzall:

It wont be long before we begin talks with DALE @ Performance Auto Painting _ re:bodywork :uhoh2:

I do! Took em just for you - 82.
I understand this is the internet and it runs on pictures. :waytogo:

Lookit that TBI air cleaner stud spacing :birgits_tiredcoffee

Diesel lid no? Seem to recall that placard back in the day

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Hey Dave, The reason I added the second snorkel was to correct a problem. In the quest to get my big block to run better through warm up I added the trapped vacuum spark the 305 had and the heat stove air cleaner. This made start up and drive possible, but I had a small issue. While still in warm up if I punched the throttle I got a hesitation. Then I could hear the stove door slap open and the engine would go.

I remember seeing, of all places, a two snorkel factory air cleaner on a dodge van. The second snorkel without a heat stove, had the vacuum motor on the trap door straight to manifold vacuum. So that is how I setup my second snorkel. The trap door to manifold vacuum and the heat stove opening blocked off. This did correct the issue.

So when the engine is warm, the second snorkel is closed. But if you nail the throttle, the manifold vacuum drops and the second door opens. Plenty of air to get in the big block.

I fixed that problem by adding Pro Flo efi. Dry manifolds is da shizz!

GTP51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado half ton Stepside
Engine Size
I kinda went a bit further with my set up as I felt it could use more air, using the factory hole in the rad support , one on each side , the passenger side is the standard set up on an R10, then went and got an old aircleaner housing from the wreckers cut off the inlet elbow , cut in a hole in my original air cleaner. Got the rubber from the wreckers and the 90 degree 4’’collector on the internet, couple of home made brackets and some hose clamps. I think it turned out ok

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynhigh88