Cold Air Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I want black wheels and 35s to match my vortec
Only the cool kids are allowed to have black wheels!!!:emotions33: And what you get them they have to stick out so far past your fenders that like half the tire is out of the fender and rims so wide it's just laughable.:confused:o_O

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Only the cool kids are allowed to have black wheels!!!:emotions33: And what you get them they have to stick out so far past your fenders that like half the tire is out of the fender and rims so wide it's just laughable.:confused:o_O
I am actually interested in these. It’s rare to find a newer wheel without faux beadlocks nowadays. These have a special safety bead with ribs to hold the tire bead at low pressure.

I plan on changing from 16” to 17” when I need new tires as many more tire options are available.
You must be registered for see images attach

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Oh BB. :baby: I just ate and since im not hungry...i'm gonna let this slide.:eek:
I am going to say that I don’t get the joke so if there is one it went very over my head

Also

I accept your logic.

ERROR

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I am actually interested in these. It’s rare to find a newer wheel without faux beadlocks nowadays. These have a special safety bead with ribs to hold the tire bead at low pressure.

I plan on changing from 16” to 17” when I need new tires as many more tire options are available.

It’s a shame 16s are falling to the wayside. I very much support more tire

thinking if beadlocks... you think a race car bead lock works the same way as off roading? I have a **** load of wheels like this

Too bad most of the lug spacing is 5x4.75 and not 5x5.5

I would have good use for some of those lol. Got some dirt track tires on some of the wheels. Be nice for a trailer to be floaty and non damaging in the yard with how freaking wide they are

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
It’s a shame 16s are falling to the wayside. I very much support more tire

thinking if beadlocks... you think a race car bead lock works the same way as off roading? I have a **** load of wheels like this

Too bad most of the lug spacing is 5x4.75 and not 5x5.5

I would have good use for some of those lol. Got some dirt track tires on some of the wheels. Be nice for a trailer to be floaty and non damaging in the yard with how freaking wide they are
I like more sidewall too. 15s won’t fit and they’re are a lot more sizes for 17s than 16s. It’s only a half inch more rim on either side. I doubt I’ll notice. Especially if going from a 33 on a 16 to a 35 on a 17.

HOTFOOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc k3500 srw
Engine Size

I found this in the garage last night

As far as I know you can't turn the air filter. It fits on the carb and turns like an inch each way. Which means it ends up back by the blower motor on pass side. Don't know if it is worth putting on as it won't draw cold air from grill.

think you need one like this

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Most 81 & up trucks have this lid.

Must be a regional thing. I have been around many squares in my life, the majority of them being square headlight. I have never personally seen a tall air cleaner on any of the trucks I have known.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Must be a regional thing. I have been around many squares in my life, the majority of them being square headlight. I have never personally seen a tall air cleaner on any of the trucks I have known.

Must be. That's pretty much all I've every seen out here. I friend's construction company strictly ran GM trucks and that all I ever saw. California is kinda of weird. My K30 has cab lights only because the D60 makes the overall width wider than 80" which requires clearance lamps. On top of that, Cali does not let you have amber clearance lamps to the rear, requiring black on the back half of the roof lights.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
I dunno about that, I have unshielded clearance lights on my ‘89. It’s a Cali vehicle like yours, only difference is the 10 bolt axle instead of the D60.

The only rule with squarebody construction is there were no rules.

Last edited:

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I dunno about that, I have unshielded clearance lights on my ‘89. It’s a Cali vehicle like yours, only difference is the 10 bolt axle instead of the D60.

I don't want to highjack the tread, but here's the part call out for it. Part # 14074375.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

My '86 had the tall lid, I think it was an option. Sold new in NC and migrated to OH.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
My '86 had the tall lid, I think it was an option. Sold new in NC and migrated to OH.
Yeah they're definitely around here and there, I've seen enough pictures of them I know they exist, I just don't think they're nearly as common as the short ones. Seeing Craig mention that most 81+ trucks around him have tall air cleaners in contrast to the fact that I've never personally seen one with my own eyes despite being around a couple dozen squares is the only reason I said it was probably a regional thing. I know they exist in the USA, I Just figured they must be much more common in his country as opposed to here because of that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on them I wish I had one, I just never see them so that's why I don't have one.

Hell, if they're that common, send one my way!

Last edited:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Yeah they're definitely around here and there, I've seen enough pictures of them I know they exist, I just don't think they're nearly as common as the short ones. Seeing Craig mention that most 81+ trucks around him have tall air cleaners in contrast to the fact that I've never personally seen one with my own eyes despite being around a couple dozen squares is the only reason I said it was probably a regional thing. I know they exist in the USA, I Just figured they must be much more common in his country as opposed to here because of that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on them I wish I had one, I just never see them so that's why I don't have one.

Hell, if they're that common, send one my way!

Yeah, most of the trucks I've seen had the short lid too. I only remember seeing the tall lid on the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc

That's very interesting. (to me)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe