OER headlight buckets. Don't buy.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ali_c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Truck Year
1974, 1979
Truck Model
C20, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
The OER buckets are the same as you can buy everywhere for cheap. There is just a sticker saying: "OER AUTHORIZED The enclosed product has been approved by OER" which comes with a higher price tag. The material is thin, the adjuster screws don't seat good in the holes. The outer edges are are like sawtooths, you have to grind them or you will cut your hands open during installation, ask me how I know.
I ended up getting used ones and wil refurbish them.
You must be registered for see images attach

RanchWelder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
--------
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
355ci
What a shame...
Many people are reporting these parts as thin, sub standard reproductions across the entire line of parts.
Why would a manufacturer go through all the trouble of tooling up a punch press and skimp out on the steel used?

We need to start making these things at home again... The gross negligence in the aftermarket quality control and the lack of finish speaks volumes to the mind set of the people with the money to ship this crap.

Have you tried the LMC stuff out? Interested to hear from anyone who has...
My tailgate on the Blazer is getting bad. I'm seriously considering on building my own so I don't go broke and end up with this poor quality happening to me. Not even sure I can afford the shipping for the LMC parts... The bits of stuff they sold me thus far was good...

I get keeping weight down has a function of manufacturing design... Especially if it is shipped half way around planet Earth...

On my Transmission page, just started, I discuss brand new transmission component failure, at less than 2000 miles on a NEW transmission...

Hopefully, we can get major investors to rethink their offshoring and bring back the Good Ole' USA and stamp these as factory here at home again.

Pray...

Last edited:

ali_c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Truck Year
1974, 1979
Truck Model
C20, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
I ordered buckets from ebay for 11$ each before the OER labeled ones. They look the same and come with the same plastic bag and label Made in Taiwan and same part number. Only difference was the price. I searched for the part number on the label and you can buy this part for 1$ on alibaba India.

RanchWelder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
--------
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
355ci
So the parts are dirt cheap to reproduce, the guy making them is a slave and the only people making out is the cargo container handling company... nearly everone loses... in the long run. This is not free market capitalism, this is a scam.

I would not be surprised if an American sold the original dies to India and set this all up as an inside deal, using substandard steel with a long term shipping contract and a government subsidy with the Indian Government, behind a weapons contract...

The usual suspects... at it again...

We are all a bunch of idiots to them... for keeping our old trucks on the road.
Suckers to be robbed and fleeced... by our betters...

This hurts writing... very sad.

Last edited:

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
What a shame...
Many people are reporting these parts as thin, sub standard reproductions across the entire line of parts.
Why would a manufacturer go through all the trouble of tooling up a punch press and skimp out on the steel used?

We need to start making these things at home again... The gross negligence in the aftermarket quality control and the lack of finish speaks volumes to the mind set of the people with the money to ship this crap.

Have you tried the LMC stuff out? Interested to hear from anyone who has...
My tailgate on the Blazer is getting bad. I'm seriously considering on building my own so I don't go broke and end up with this poor quality happening to me. Not even sure I can afford the shipping for the LMC parts... The bits of stuff they sold me thus far was good...

I get keeping weight down has a function of manufacturing design... Especially if it is shipped half way around planet Earth...

On my Transmission page, just started, I discuss brand new transmission component failure, at less than 2000 miles on a NEW transmission...

Hopefully, we can get major investors to rethink their offshoring and bring back the Good Ole' USA and stamp these as factory here at home again.

Pray...
Chinese steel is JUNK along with the rest of the crap they produce; filling Walmart & dollar stores everywhere. You said it-make it here like we once did.

Strickland

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
It's not just reproduction parts. Replacement parts for today's cars a just as bad. Problem we run into is the cost. Customers aren't willing to pay 50-100% more.

Personally, I try to stay away from Chinese parts/tools/supplies and Harbor Freight but sometimes it's impossible even paying much more.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toby 406