new tires and wheel spacers need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Im buying some 265/75/16's to replace my 245/75/16's.

Im also wantinh to add a 1" spacer to move wheels out a bit. We all know how wide these feder wells are and my wheels are skinny at 6.5".

Questions are, what bolt pattern are my hubs so i can buy the spacers and what spacer isngood to buy. I dont want cheap junk but i dont wanna pay out the ***** either.

Also im not liking my tire options. Id like a highway tread (no mt or at) with white letters, but they are limited at least ones that look good. Up top is a pic of the tires i have now, may end up going with them again only bigger. Bf goodrich commercial

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
good spacers are pricey no doubt about it. but for this part you want the best there is no cheap way out. why don't you just put a little fatter tire on it. imo in the long run it would be much better. bfg's are good michelin's are good too. I believe your pattern is 8x6.5. if I were to use spacers this is a good company http://wheeladapter.com/index.php , there is another in Colorado but can't find their address at the moment. highdesertranger

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Bolt pattern is 8x6.5 but will one inch be enough to clear the wheel studs?

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
**** didnt think about that

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I know it may be semantics, but you want adapters, not spacers. Adapters bolt to your hubs, and your wheels in turn bolt to the adapters. Spacers simply slip between the wheel and hubs, and I do not like that situation depending on the width of the spacer.

Some guys simply cut or grind their studs to clear the adapters. I would suggest getting your new tires first so you have a very accurate width of adapter to put the wheels/tires exactly were you want them.

Your situation is one reason why I never bought a set of those wheels. They don't push the tires out anymore than stock, and they almost look like they pull them in further than stock.

Good luck on your adventure.

farmerchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
ignore previous post,don't carry gm stuff.do have good products,lol

Forum statistics