Wheel spacers done right.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T-roy K10

Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
At least that’s my opinion. I know, some are gonna say “never use spacers period!” But I think in this case it will be fine. I had them made hub centric on axle and wheel. These wheel hit my tie rods so I had to either buy other wheels or use spacers.
I have new retro style slot wheels made by U.S. mags Which are never intended to be hub centric due to the center cap design. These wheels use the old style center caps that slid into the center bore from the inside which leaves space between the wheel and center cap, so even if the cap fit tightly on the hub it still has slop.
so, I had Bora spacers custom made by Motorsports-Tech. The inner bore the stock 90mm but this is how I made the spacer to wheel a tight fit. The bore on these wheels are 4.252”. The center cap metal is .031 thick. Subtract .031 x 2 = .062. So the male shoulder on the outside of the spacer was made 4.190. Actually 4.188 to be safe. the center Cap is still going to have space between it and the wheel bore UNLESS you do this. I used a thin cut-off wheel to make slits in the center cap to allow it to expand where it will now fit tightly between the spacer and wheel.
now I have spacers that are hub centric from hub to spacer and spacer to wheel.
spacial thanks to the guys at motor sports tech For making custom these bad boys!

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
At least that’s my opinion. I know, some are gonna say “never use spacers period!” But I think in this case it will be fine. I had them made hub centric on axle and wheel. These wheel hit my tie rods so I had to either buy other wheels or use spacers.
I have new retro style slot wheels made by U.S. mags Which are never intended to be hub centric due to the center cap design. These wheels use the old style center caps that slid into the center bore from the inside which leaves space between the wheel and center cap, so even if the cap fit tightly on the hub it still has slop.
so, I had Bora spacers custom made by Motorsports-Tech. The inner bore the stock 90mm but this is how I made the spacer to wheel a tight fit. The bore on these wheels are 4.252”. The center cap metal is .031 thick. Subtract .031 x 2 = .062. So the male shoulder on the outside of the spacer was made 4.190. Actually 4.188 to be safe. the center Cap is still going to have space between it and the wheel bore UNLESS you do this. I used a thin cut-off wheel to make slits in the center cap to allow it to expand where it will now fit tightly between the spacer and wheel.
now I have spacers that are hub centric from hub to spacer and spacer to wheel.
spacial thanks to the guys at motor sports tech For making custom these bad boys!

Looks fantastic and I agree that it's done very well.

But someone I'm sure will hassle you over them being aluminum and not steel, lol.

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size
I also use BORA spacers. Then anf Fred Geoersectichers (can't remember how to spell the last name) are the only two brands I would trust to put on any vehicle.

Front I run 1.5" and rear are 2".

T-roy K10

Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I also use BORA spacers. Then anf Fred Geoersectichers (can't remember how to spell the last name) are the only two brands I would trust to put on any vehicle.

Front I run 1.5" and rear are 2".

I put the minimum on the front (3/4) because I don’t want clearance issues with the fenders, But went with 1 3/4 in the rear to get them close in width.

Nasty-LSX

TogetherforeverCovid19
Reaction score
First Name
Mi Hung Lo
Truck Year
85/86/87
Truck Model
c10/k10/k20
Engine Size
LSX
Are the wheels 15x10? that looks killer

Buicknut

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
A couple more pics

What size tire and wheel are you running?

T-roy K10

Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Are the wheels 15x10? that looks killer
15x9. I was afraid to go with the 10s because of the likelihood of the tires hitting the fenders, but I screwed up by not noticing the 4.5“ backspacing that caused the wheels to hit the tie rods.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef