Flat 10 hole wheel covers, 15" and 16"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

haromaster87

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban R1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
Hey everyone,

I have a question regarding the wheel covers shown in these two ebay listings:

Did they indeed make that wheel cover in a 15 inch and 16 inch version? I had previously only seen them on 3/4 ton Suburbans with 16" wheels and assumed they only came in 16 inch. I tried to confirm if maybe the 15 inch version was for the g10 van, but couldn't find anything on that. There's lots of ads for them listed as 15" and 16", but there's no distinguishing characteristics I can find and I worry that some folks might be measuring them wrong.

If they did make a 15" version, does anyone know if those will clip correctly onto Rally wheels? I haven't been able to find what style of steel wheel those were equipped over so I wasn't sure if they only fit with the other more basic style steel wheel.

My Suburban lost a trim ring on one of the rally wheels and while looking at options, i remembered my fascination with this style wheel cover. I searched around a bunch to see what others have encountered, but most of what I found was people trying to ditch these for something more stylish lol.

Thanks!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Icky... I've always hated those covers, lol.

But, they did use them on 1/2 ton Suburbans with 15" wheels too, I've seen at least one set that I can remember. They were on a cream/gold V1500 Suburban.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
My '90 R2500 GMC Burb had those in the 16" size. I pulled them off to restore the center emblems, and they never got back on the truck. I still have them, they're in one of my "for sale " threads. Here's a picture of the set...

Attachments

• IMG_20231022_154442264_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231022_154442264_HDR.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 14

haromaster87

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban R1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
Icky... I've always hated those covers, lol.

But, they did use them on 1/2 ton Suburbans with 15" wheels too, I've seen at least one set that I can remember. They were on a cream/gold V1500 Suburban.
Lol I actually haven't always been a huge fan either. I knew my taste was finally in the toilet when I found myself thinking of running them. :Big Laugh:
My '90 R2500 GMC Burb had those in the 16" size. I pulled them off to restore the center emblems, and they never got back on the truck. I still have them, they're in one of my "for sale " threads. Here's a picture of the set...
Nice set! Yeah the consensus I usually see is people remove them, see the truck without them, and never look back lmao.

haromaster87

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban R1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
Man, I'd take rally's over caps any day!
Yeah, that seems to be the conclusion amongst people with eyes haha. Realistically I probably won't get the covers, but finding out about the 15" version peaked my curiosity.

Now for a really controversial take, I cleaned up the wheel that lost the trim ring and found I really like the way rally's look without the beauty rings, the stepped dish looks nice. Ended up pulling the rest of them off, will probably grab some paint to refresh them and call it a day :Big Laugh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad