Stock 1976 C10 - Need Wheel/Tire size help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hubb1021

Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach
Hello!

I have a 1976 C10. The ride is bone stock and I’d like to keep it that way for the most part. The only thing I really want to change is in a perfect world I could find some 15 or 16” stock looking wheels that are wider with better backspacing and allow a wider tire solely for drive-ability.

This idea came from the new legend series trucks that ar being built on modern chassis and have a more modern wheel tire sizing and combo. I don’t want to go much bigger in size mostly wanting to fill out wheels wells more and have better driving capability.

I have attached some pictures of my truck for reference as well as the K10 that gave me the idea! Thank you!

mlsceo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Wheel Vintiques offers a 15x8 stock style wheel that may be what you're looking for. My rears are 15x10 for reference. Backspacing on the 8's is 4.25 and you can fit several size tires on it.

Hubb1021

Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Wheel Vintiques offers a 15x8 stock style wheel that may be what you're looking for. My rears are 15x10 for reference. Backspacing on the 8's is 4.25 and you can fit several size tires on it.
Awesome, truck looks great! Would you be able to share any other pictures of that front fitment? I think that’s a lot closer to what’s in shooting for

mlsceo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Thanks. The fronts are the stock 15x6 same as you have on your front. Wheel Vintiques also offer a 15x7 but I wanted the big 'n little look so that's why I went with the stock fronts. The two tone truck in your first post appears to be running 15x8"s.

mlsceo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I watched the video on that truck. those are 17" Billet Specialties wheels, (read expensive) The video didn't specify width.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
so that's what a squarebody looks like before the rust sets in, wow !...
A buddy of mine that owned a square, told somebody once. I bought a chevy knowing it would rust out,and as the pieces fell off, and the engine wore out ,I'd still have the same power to weight ratio.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag