seat belt and top hardware? need to source new bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

plugugly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Truck Year
Truck Model
blazer
Engine Size
6.2 diesel
sorry for the newb question. I recently replaced the floors in my sons new to him 87 K5. i reused the seat and seatbelt bolts that plug weld on to the underside of the floor. The bolt that secures the female side belt to the floor is all rusted out. I think its metric, but cannot find any info on that bolt. Does anyone know what size it is or who sells a replacement bolt? ive looked at LMC, classic, motorcityk5, etc.

Also, ayone know where to get hardtop replacement bolts? Ive got plenty of 3/8 or 5/16 (whatever it is) for along the bed rail, but what about the longer fully threaded bolts that go along the roof line through the top? im guessing they are either 3/8 or 5/16 but wanted to make sure they werent metric and also being fully thread I figured someone may have a source. He only has one bolt, are they all the same length?

as a long time ford guy, Im finding out chevy like to use a wonderful mix of metric and standard just like ford.....

plugugly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Truck Year
Truck Model
blazer
Engine Size
6.2 diesel
the seat belt uses a 12 1.75 bolt but I "think" they are a cutting thread??? Has anyone used a standard metric thread pitch without issue?

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
as a long time ford guy, Im finding out chevy like to use a wonderful mix of metric and standard just like ford.....
The early square trucks along with the Fords of same time period were all built with STD and SAE hardware. The gunment said the country is goin' metric. So the redesigned square truck areas, could have metric. The auto industry, was always called out first, for all new regulations.

rwjtexas

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
6.2L Diesel
The Hard Top Bolts are 5/16 - 18 Thread. The Walls are 1" in Length the header are 2-1/2" in length . I am 99% on size … will verify tonight with seatbelt size

The seatbelt bolts in the floor are metric thread … front seat “female” end and backseat “male” end … I can post that thread size tonight as I did run a tap in mine to clean them up as well as a die nut on my bolts …

UPDATED INFORMATION:
Topper Bolts are 5/16 - 18 Thread
Seatbelt Bolts on Floorboard … 12 MM x 1.75 Thread x 1-1/4” (use Grade 8)

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag