Seat belt bolts in '82 C10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brownie82C10

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy C10
Engine Size
4.1L Inline 6
It looks like a Torx socket will be needed to remove the floor seat-belt bolts from my '82 Chevy C10. Can anyone confirm this and provide the specific T-size needed? I'll have to order the tool. Thanks.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
Torx early series have rounded splines. The 50 is what you need. Newer vehicles use Torx with square cut splines, in that series you want the 45. I think tool companies team with manufacturers so they can sell more tools.

You must be registered for see images attach

Either one should work for you.

annettemarie

Reaction score
First Name
Annette
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Suburban V10 Silverado
Engine Size
T50 is the size and i suggest you order ALOT of them. I took out my rear middle seat belts and holy cow those bolts fought me so hard we snapped like 3 bits. Anyone know what grade those stupid Metric 12's are? Im replacing them with a hex bolt

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Torx early series have rounded splines. The 50 is what you need. Newer vehicles use Torx with square cut splines, in that series you want the 45. I think tool companies team with manufacturers so they can sell more tools.

You must be registered for see images attach

Either one should work for you.
The newer style torx are Torx Plus, supposedly they were changed for assembly line reasons. The Torx Plus is supposed to be more forgiving for bit allignment in mass production.

OP I have no idea what size you need but these guys seem to have a good grasp on it.

smullen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I6
At lunch today, I finally got all the Seat/Seatbelt related bolts out of my Floor.
I went to Harbor Freight (my new best friend) and picked up this HF Torx Bit Socket Set , the same type, but allen head and a 25" Breaker bar wrench.
It took some elbow mustard, 2 55 gallon drums of PBlaster and repeated soakings to get them, but I finally did it.

I did notice a popping sound almost every turn of the Bolt. I could not tell if it was the Bolt head stripping out, the Torx Bit, or the threads gnashing and grinding. I kinda think it was the bit, but neither showed any signs of abuse.
As said above in someone else's post, I can confirm they are T50s.
I looked around to see if I could buy 2-3 extras and I did not see them sold that way. Seemed like it'd be a good idea.
Not sure I'll ever use any of the others in the 8 piece set.
I also picked up the same set, but in Allen Head as the replacement door striker things use Allen. It would be too simple to all match up... :)

I forgot till now, I still need to get the top/shoulder points too. I'm going to replace everything with nice new Black ones... I figure they should go with about any color scheme I end up picking, if I get to that point.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
90sBurb