New Process A833 4speed w/ OD MY6 MM7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

inbowhunter713

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Sorry for so many pics..just makes me feel pretty good to buy the truck and neither I nor the owner knew the little gem it had!
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Sorry for so many pics..just makes me feel pretty good to buy the truck and neither I nor the owner knew the little gem it had!

NO doubt. I didn't even know this existed til about 3 months ago when a member came in with it and I was, huh, WTH? Oh BS, I'da knew about this. But NO, to my surprise, and I've thinking how cool it would be, and low and behold one morning crusing thru CL, I seen a pic and knew that had to be it, and sure enough it was. I jumped on it when I realized Bell housing was no issue. Post all the pics you want of it. That's the purpose of this thread, is all abaout the MM7 mechandising package for the 4x4 and MY6 RPO code for the 2wd units.

inbowhunter713

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
That member that brought it up was me! I remember you thinking I was crazy haha...here ya go

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

Thanks C4. Have you noticed the gap in the SM465 from 2nd to 3, which typically people drive as 1st and 2nd is actually even bigger than the gap on the A833? Appears that 3rd in the SM465 is about identical to 2nd in the A833 and of course 4th and 3rd are identical.

Cruising 94mph with 4.56's @3000 rpm. Jep, I can handle that !!! :waytogo:

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
That member that brought it up was me! I remember you thinking I was crazy haha...here ya go

yeah I did, and for some reason I thought no clutch. I notice I never got back to thread either. Not sure how I wasn't all over that then. But it sunk in when the 2nd guy was telling about it and posted pics. So there is 2 of you on here. Both with 4x4's too. I guess I'll be the 3rd, but it's not the same as having one OEM from the factory that way.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Here's a tidbit of info on converting to the NP205. So this has me convinced, yes I can get an NP205 to bolt to this trans witout even buying an adapter just by notching the flange. But, do I want to cut the output shaft off the trans, or go with the 1-1 1/2 inch spacer since I'd actually need the short stickout and it appears according to this statement, all the 86 and up Circular patterns are the Long 3.5 stickout and I need the 2 inch stickout? I have no fear whatsover of pulling this trans apart, taking the output shaft out of it, and cutting it off an inch or so to make it work. I prefer not to cut the trans incase my plans change and I can go back to NP208 in another project but, I think I'll let driveshaft length decide. Also if I use the spacer it might put the Tcase shifter up against the seat, then I won't be able to shift the Tcase without shifter mods. Also, another good thing, I read on this same site, is the output shaft of the NP205 is also 32 spline, so that means it uses a Th400 slip yoke or bolt on yoke. Both of which are stronger than the Th350/700r4. Parts of this just keep getting better and better.

1986 and Later GM NP205: 6 Bolt circular bolt pattern:
At this point GM updated the unit to use the same 6 bolt circular bolt pattern used on the NP208, and all subsequent GM full size 4x4 truck applications. All of them are the 32 spline female input, although those we have seen are the long (about 3.5" stickout) 32 spl input.

What about swapping a short input from a figure-8 case into the round pattern case?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
What about swapping a short input from a figure-8 case into the round pattern case?

I'd imagine that will work too BUT, then I'd have to find 2 Th400 NP205's. I for the short input, and one for round. I figured I'd just go ahead and pull the trans apart, freshen it up with seals, bearings and synchros, while apart, I'll cut an inch off the output shaft. I would prefern not to cut it, but I figured if I'm going to hack onto the flange too, may as well just make it a designated NP205 Only transmission. It may not even need cut, but according to these 2 pics, it sure looks close to me.

attachment.php

You must be registered for see images attach

inbowhunter713

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
If need be you can buy a new output shaft if you need to go back to long. They are PRICEY though!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I figured I could, and I really prefer not to hack on this rare of a trans. I could also use a spacer or maybe even a racetrack to round adapter and not have to cut it, or grind the flange, but one of my missions on this deal is to keep the same length as 700r4 to where it can always go right back to 700r4 and not even need to do any driveshaft mods other than change the yoke on the rear driveshaft. Not sure why I'd like to keep it the OEM length since once I get this thing built, it's staying this way. Unless I find the trans is weaker than what I can throw at it. Never know, these pics maybe optical illusions and the round NP205 fits like a glove. I hope so. I just cheap and easy out too and go with the NP208 that is OEM, but I'd feel like I'm losing strength.

If the trans isn't as strong as I thought, I'll still keep it. It'll get the OEM NP208 put on the back and put in the light duty 4x4 and I'll put a Th400 with this NP205 and just lose OD in the tougher 4x4. I didn't plan on having it anyway, but If I can have my cake and eat it too, you damn sure bet I will and as said, I'll give the other 4x4 project to my son. I haven't even said yet, but I've really been wanting a K5 or Burb. By the time I get all these parts aquired, cleaned up and gone thru, I just might have a Burb Chassis. How cool would it be to have a 3/4 Burb with this set up and front bucket seats? MAJOR COOL !!! Shhhh, that's a secret I'll be working on in the background of this project. I'm really motivated about this project and might even trade off or sell some of my other projects to finance it.

And I sure like the idea of twinstick NP205. I don't have the OEM plastic shifter cover and boots anyway and I know will be hard to find and expensive, so I'd rather just spend the funds on that set up on the twin stick. I think I'll like have 2hi & 2lo Rear Drive only, 2hi & 2lo Front Drive only, and 4hi & 4lo of course then N. Twin sticking an NP205 gives you 7 different shift poistions, 6 drive options and Neutral.
I'm hoping to get this guy to mod this set up my application. I don't think these sticks will clear that long adapter of this trans, so the rodd will need to be a bit closer to straight, but this guy here seems to have a nice twin stick set up for $146 on eBay and it's stainless steel and comes with nice looking twin stick boot. I don't want anything looking Jerry rigged.

Attachments

• NP205Twin1.jpg
    NP205Twin1.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 217
  • NP205Twin2.jpg
    NP205Twin2.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:

thaifighter

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20custom deluxe 16.5 rims
Engine Size
350 sm465/np208
WOW great info!! I think I just did more homework than I did all through highschool, difference is the info seems to be sticking LOL

inbowhunter713

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Motive gear has all replacement parts in their catalog

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
WOW great info!! I think I just did more homework than I did all through highschool, difference is the info seems to be sticking LOL

Info does seem to stick when it's interesting to you. Who was Lewis and Clark anyway???

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Motive gear has all replacement parts in their catalog

Cool, I'll check them out to see their rebuild kit prices too, and what hard parts they offer. I did find a kit already, but they didn't have hard parts, like gears or shafts which made real scared to break this thing thinking parts wouldn't be available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dougli1