What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Spent the day tinkering with getting my new breather scoop (compliments of RustyNail) mounted and adjusted just right. Took 3 trips to the local hardware store for various bolts and nylock nuts and a stick of fine thread all thread to make some new linkage but finally got er done! Tomorrow will be making some adjustment cuts to my summer hood to accommodate the new breather! Looking forward to laying those butterflies flat at WOT!!! Goin' to light em up and smoke em!!! I need new tires anyway! LOL:cheers::cheers::cheers:
You must be registered for see images attach
Just hope you secured that very tightly so the carb dont swallow it at WOT. OPEN ER UP!!! :happy107:

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
I about crashed it when the hood came unlatched in flight. Thankfully I was only doing about 45 on a 4 lane road and I was in the outside lane.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I about crashed it when the hood came unlatched in flight. Thankfully I was only doing about 45 on a 4 lane road and I was in the outside lane.
Good thing your ok! Holy crap that musta been a ride!!

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
Ouch! WTF?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Ouch! WTF?

The spring is missing on the secondary latch so I don’t know if it was gone before or departed the scene when it jiggles itself loose.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
It wasn’t terrible but it was a real surprise. Luckily I was able to get it bent back enough to latch it and continue journey!
Too bad your a ways away, ive got a decent straight hood in storage.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Too bad your a ways away, ive got a decent straight hood in storage.
Don't sell it just yet, I may be willing to travel if I can't find a good one around here. That was an aftermarket Taiwanese made hood and it's pretty obvious there's a difference between the factory and aftermarket metal. I still have the hood that was on it but the ironic part is that the biggest reason I changed is because it has no provision for the secondary latch. No hole for it in the hood. It's a '78 and older hood and I suspect it's an early one.

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
Don't sell it just yet, I may be willing to travel if I can't find a good one around here. That was an aftermarket Taiwanese made hood and it's pretty obvious there's a difference between the factory and aftermarket metal. I still have the hood that was on it but the ironic part is that the biggest reason I changed is because it has no provision for the secondary latch. No hole for it in the hood. It's a '78 and older hood and I suspect it's an early one.
Are the 78 and earlier have the hood release thru the grille? No cable release from in the cab

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
The one i have im 90% sure its oem later model i pulled from the local junk yard. Has the accent line around the front edge. Has VERY minor rust also.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Are the 78 and earlier have the hood release thru the grille? No cable release from in the cab

My 78 has the inside release as well as outside release, silverado trim.

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
My 78 has the inside release, silverado trim.
Sorry, I wasn't very clear, that was a question not a statement. I had a 73 years ago with no inside release. Don't know when that changed. The 20 beer buzz is not helping!

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
Spent the day tinkering with getting my new breather scoop (compliments of RustyNail) mounted and adjusted just right. Took 3 trips to the local hardware store for various bolts and nylock nuts and a stick of fine thread all thread to make some new linkage but finally got er done! Tomorrow will be making some adjustment cuts to my summer hood to accommodate the new breather! Looking forward to laying those butterflies flat at WOT!!! Goin' to light em up and smoke em!!! I need new tires anyway! LOL:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Very nice clean install! Duel feed, double pumper and center hung floats. All those guys posting in other threads about how they don't like Holley carbs..... burn them tires!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76