What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I filled my 20 gal saddle yesterday and cost me $20.50!! Wish both my tanks worked!
Fill up both and every gas can you have, and go buy yourself some ramps ans a fuel hose. Put truck on ramps and siphon fill the gas cans as you need gas! Or buy an electric pump if you wanna save the labor.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I added brake fluid today and did a WOT after fully engaging 1st gear(No clutch dumping for me, might brake something... very likely would..). Wow. The truck actually puts down quite well. Never tried giving it gas before, and its never run so well!!! Good thing I added brake fluid.

Note to self, put more brake fluid in next week

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Guy in our local club had some vintage Alf stickers. He said I could have one if I promised to run it. So I am [emoji1787]

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
HA!!

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
I added brake fluid today and did a WOT after fully engaging 1st gear(No clutch dumping for me, might brake something... very likely would..). Wow. The truck actually puts down quite well. Never tried giving it gas before, and its never run so well!!! Good thing I added brake fluid.

Note to self, put more brake fluid in next week
Note to self: determine where brake fluid is going. Correct the problem. Be safe. Live another day! I for one enjoy your contribution to GMSB

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Note to self: determine where brake fluid is going. Correct the problem. Be safe. Live another day! I for one enjoy your contribution to GMSB

Oh I know where its going, all over the passenger rear wheel and about center of the gas tank on the frame rail. And one front hose is cracked in more surface area than solid. I dont use it on the road and I can kill ignition and use the transmission to stop in emergency. Fortunately front and rear reservoir are not the same

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
notice the rear dripping yesterday. Stuck my finger in and it didn't get wet.....time for a lube job :). The bolts on the cover were very loose so I suspect thats why it was leaking. Was still about 1 1/2 qts in there that drained out.

Was kinda worried to pull the cover cuz I'd had the gearing changed a year ago and didn't know what I was gonna find. All looked good though. Took about 2 1/2 qts to fill her up. RTV only on cover side. We'll see.

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
notice the rear dripping yesterday. Stuck my finger in and it didn't get wet.....time for a lube job :). The bolts on the cover were very loose so I suspect thats why it was leaking. Was still about 1 1/2 qts in there that drained out.

Was kinda worried to pull the cover cuz I'd had the gearing changed a year ago and didn't know what I was gonna find. All looked good though. Took about 2 1/2 qts to fill her up. RTV only on cover side. We'll see.
Hey man, re-read the first couple lines of your post. I laughed out loud! I know that sometimes I'm a teenager trapped in old guys body. By the way I always use a gasket on the "rear" cover

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
Spent most of Saturday working on the Suburban. Changed out the front leaf spring front eye bushings and installed a new carb and intake.

With the weight of the truck the pin would pretty much sit on the leaf spring. Installed poly bushings.

Out with the old

In with the new to me and rebuilt. Just need to do some fine tuning.

Also found out why my truck wouldn't kick down correctly. It was only holding on by one strand of wire and finally let go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guillermoariast