What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
'77 was the first year for inside hood release and it was an option '77-'80.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
So I put this in finally. Had it for longer then I care to admit but this stay at home is making me do stuff ive been putting off. But man it hangs lower then I thought it would. Is there more room floor to ceiling in a burban? Or maybe it would have had bucket seats and it would feel different then.

You must be registered for see images attach

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I about crashed it when the hood came unlatched in flight. Thankfully I was only doing about 45 on a 4 lane road and I was in the outside lane.
Darn didnt you just get that hood too?

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Yesterday was pull, clean, and swap # 8 and # 6 plugs. Nothing hard.

Today, thanks to @80BrownK10 :waytogo:, finally got off my duff and secured the grille.

Used 2 of these he was kind enough to send me.

They fit loose in the slot in the bracket but expand when the screw goes in.

I prestarted the screws into the clips, and took them out. I then put the clips on the metal brackets and screwed the bottom 2 in loosely first and then swung the grille up to get the top screws in.

3 tries, 2 dropped screws - thank gawd for magnetic pickup tools ! :) and something I have been too lazy to do is now done.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
UPDATE!! - pic. Accomplished nothing on my square but helped my friend ghetto fix his geo tracker woods runner. The trailing arm rotted off the frame and shoved the rear into the bumper and yanked out the driveshaft. So we had to finesse the driveshaft back in, ratchet strap the rear back into place and slam a pipe through the trailing arm into the frame and weld it back together.

Last edited:

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Guy in our local club had some vintage Alf stickers. He said I could have one if I promised to run it. So I am [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Guy in our local club had some vintage Alf stickers. He said I could have one if I promised to run it. So I am [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Cool picture and a sweet sticker!!! Lol

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Didn't do anything to mine today, but I helped a kid(maybe 30) get started on his new project. Had a craigslist ad for some new extra fenders , new door shells, new tailgate, used hood and a bumper and a brush guard. He called at 8 this am and said he wanted to look at it all, told him come on over. Showed up an hour later and took it all!!! Said he thought he got a good deal on this 77 short bed K10 and wanted to fix it up. Showed me pics(which I didn't get) and it looks decent! Oh and it's a stepper. Then he told me what he paid for it...…$100.., he stole it!!!! Got a lot to do but I told him I was glad I could help...LOL Also told him about this forum, I hope he shows up here. I didn't hook him too bad for the parts, felt like being a good guy for a change. I guess I did my good deed for the day!!

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Didn't do anything to mine today, but I helped a kid(maybe 30) get started on his new project. Had a craigslist ad for some new extra fenders , new door shells, new tailgate, used hood and a bumper and a brush guard. He called at 8 this am and said he wanted to look at it all, told him come on over. Showed up an hour later and took it all!!! Said he thought he got a good deal on this 77 short bed K10 and wanted to fix it up. Showed me pics(which I didn't get) and it looks decent! Oh and it's a stepper. Then he told me what he paid for it...…$100.., he stole it!!!! Got a lot to do but I told him I was glad I could help...LOL Also told him about this forum, I hope he shows up here. I didn't hook him too bad for the parts, felt like being a good guy for a change. I guess I did my good deed for the day!!
Wish you coulda actually helped him, pics woulda been great! I hope he pops up on here! Shoulda told him your SN and told him to say that you told him about us so we can get an update. Awesome that you helped and put GMSB out there too! :waytogo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gord