What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Still $ 1.52 a gallon here- my daily top off was 8 something bux.

So, roughly 45 bux a week for gas , which is not too bad, but when it gets back to $ 2.50 plus a gallon...

Maybe by then the new high horsepower, fuel efficient engine will be in.:p

OK - at least 250 HP versus the maybe 160 I have now ...

:oops:
It was $1.70 here yesterday. Goin down every few days.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Got the new exhaust system put on today. True dual flowmasters and turned out right before the rear wheels. I like it and they did a great job for a good price.

You must be registered for see images attach

So I found this dented hedder on pass side. I don't know if it was a already there or not. Looks like I'll need a new set at some point. Does it hurt to run it like that? Hurt performance?

Here's how it sounds.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Shorty81

Baby Boomer
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Got the new exhaust system put on today. True dual flowmasters and turned out right before the rear wheels. I like it and they did a great job for a good price.

So I found this dented hedder on pass side. I don't know if it was a already there or not. Looks like I'll need a new set at some point. Does it hurt to run it like that? Hurt performance?

Here's how it sounds.

That dent shouldn't hurt anything. Truck sounds awesome. My pipes travel over rear axle and exit behind rear tires. I like your sound better than mine. Later on I'll try to post a video of it.

K201979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Hippie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350ci

Here's how it sounds.

Thats not dented, its clearanced, clarence. Lol. I think i had to “clearance” my pipes for the starter, maybe, before i went to the newer, smaller one. I wouldnt think it would hurt anything either. Sounds great!

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
Dennis, that sounds good. Shorty, gotta hear yours too. Been pondering exhaust exit both before and aft of rear axle

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size

Here's how it sounds.

What flow masters did you use?? It sounds great!!!!

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305

I'm not sure. I'll ask him tomorrow. They were $125 each. He said I could have gotten what he calls fake flowmasters for $75 each but, I'd rather spend the extra.

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
I'm not sure. I'll ask him tomorrow. They were $125 each. He said I could have gotten what he calls fake flowmasters for $75 each but, I'd rather spend the extra.
I bet the "fakes" are from China Virus land. Good call getting the real deal

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305

My muffler guy just called me to tell me that the cat converter I had sitting in the bed is worth $50. He said he's got it for me if I wanna come by and get it. Hell yeah beer money. Lol

So I asked him about the flowmasters. He said it's the 42441. He told me they are all the same muffler and the super 44s and all these other names is just a marketing strategy by flowmasters to sell more. You can by them at the parts store now because you used to have to have a licence to buy them. Now you don't have to have one.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
My muffler guy just called me to tell me that the cat converter I had sitting in the bed is worth $50. He said he's got it for me if I wanna come by and get it. Hell yeah beer money. Lol

So I asked him about the flowmasters. He said it's the 42441. He told me they are all the same muffler and the super 44s and all these other names is just a marketing strategy by flowmasters to sell more. You can by them at the parts store now because you used to have to have a licence to buy them. Now you don't have to have one.
Super 44s are whats on my truck

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
My muffler guy just called me to tell me that the cat converter I had sitting in the bed is worth $50..

Request a quote for the Cat here: https://catalyticcontrol.rockawayrecycling.com/catalytic-converter-scrap-prices/ . I can almost guarantee it is worth more than $50. I bought a 97 Suburban with the 454/4L80e as a donor to swap into my 80 K25, and they offered me $275 for each of the 2 cats that were in the stock exhaust. Selling the two cats basically paid for the truck with a running 454 and 4L80e ;)

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
Request a quote for the Cat here: https://catalyticcontrol.rockawayrecycling.com/catalytic-converter-scrap-prices/ . I can almost guarantee it is worth more than $50. I bought a 97 Suburban with the 454/4L80e as a donor to swap into my 80 K25, and they offered me $275 for each of the 2 cats that were in the stock exhaust. Selling the two cats basically paid for the truck with a running 454 and 4L80e ;)

Wow, that's a bunch. I stopped by on my way home. I've know him since high school so he's not gonna screw me. He has a guy that comes by and buys them if they're worth anything. So it was probably worth a little more but, I don't care. He almost lost his shop over this China virus BS so I was glad to give him the job.

I gave him all the exhaust pipe and **** that my neighbor gave me. He didn't have to say **** and I would've never know. So I got some beer money and I'm happy.

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
Spent the day tinkering with getting my new breather scoop (compliments of RustyNail) mounted and adjusted just right. Took 3 trips to the local hardware store for various bolts and nylock nuts and a stick of fine thread all thread to make some new linkage but finally got er done! Tomorrow will be making some adjustment cuts to my summer hood to accommodate the new breather! Looking forward to laying those butterflies flat at WOT!!! Goin' to light em up and smoke em!!! I need new tires anyway! LOL:cheers::cheers::cheers:

K201979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Hippie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350ci
Spent the day tinkering with getting my new breather scoop (compliments of RustyNail) mounted and adjusted just right. Took 3 trips to the local hardware store for various bolts and nylock nuts and a stick of fine thread all thread to make some new linkage but finally got er done! Tomorrow will be making some adjustment cuts to my summer hood to accommodate the new breather! Looking forward to laying those butterflies flat at WOT!!! Goin' to light em up and smoke em!!! I need new tires anyway! LOL:cheers::cheers::cheers:
We need a video of that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade