Old77's 1989 S10 tinkering project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I have a spare door in clean shape. I'd have to pull it out to see which side it is. If its the correct, I could cut a panel out of it if you wanted. Too big to ship the whole door.
I'm not hating that idea. Give her a look and let me know if it's a driver side door or not. If it is, I'd actually like the lower door both inner and outer portion. Probably an inch or 2 above the body line and below would be perfect! Let me know whatcha got, man! Thanks in advance

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
I would PAY to see you try this. Chicken
Don't EVEN tempt me, pal! I'm the bo....... wait, nevermind. I could do it but I'm too tired. She knows who's boss. Why do I gotta show her who the boss is by kicking her outta the garage? I mean, that's just gloating, right? Oh, and don't tell her I mentioned it either. I know I'm boss and she knows I'm boss. No need to say it out loud, tho. Shhhhhhh

Brainstorming plan B as I type LOL

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
Don't EVEN tempt me, pal! I'm the bo....... wait, nevermind. I could do it but I'm too tired. She knows who's boss. Why do I gotta show her who the boss is by kicking her outta the garage? I mean, that's just gloating, right? Oh, and don't tell her I mentioned it either. I know I'm boss and she knows I'm boss. No need to say it out loud, tho. Shhhhhhh

Brainstorming plan B as I type LOL
That is kinda like me. I AM the boss at my house.....when she has gone shopping and is not there.....

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
That is kinda like me. I AM the boss at my house.....when she has gone shopping and is not there.....
Exactly! I'm the boss everywhere I go as long I'm by myself and no one else is around :roflbow:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Exactly! I'm the boss everywhere I go as long I'm by myself and no one else is around :roflbow:

You aughta show the HOA who's boss and keep a parts truck outside your house. On the front lawn, up on blocks. Lol.

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I'm not hating that idea. Give her a look and let me know if it's a driver side door or not. If it is, I'd actually like the lower door both inner and outer portion. Probably an inch or 2 above the body line and below would be perfect! Let me know whatcha got, man! Thanks in advance
My son pulled it out this morning and it's a passenger door.

We are building a '93 S10 for my son's daily so I've been collecting parts when I can find them. It has the 2.8/ 5 speed, but long-term we plan to put the 4.6LS/ 5 speed out of early 2000's truck into it.

For a million of these trucks made, I'm having a bit of a hard time myself finding good, used sheetmetal. I need a drivers fender. There is a guy down the street w/ a non-running Bravada that has good sheetmetal that I am trying to buy for the fender, the Oldsmobile grill, and misc upscale trim/ dash stuff for my son's S10. If I get it this weekend, I'll let you know and you can have the door/ parts.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
You aughta show the HOA who's boss and keep a parts truck outside your house. On the front lawn, up on blocks. Lol.
As much as I've done in my driveway I'm actually surprised that I haven't gotten more nasty grams. I try to keep my stuff respectable but I've had projects out there that lasted longer than a week and never heard a thing. Wheels off, gas tanks dropped, kids in the cul-de-sac coming up asking me what I'm doing as I'm in the middle of my 1054th cuss word, ..... :rofl: At this point, they probably just figure it's part of the deal LOL

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
@Old77 your sig says kcmo, wherabouts? I get down to kc pik n pulls every now and then, I might be able to grab you a door and drop it off on my way back out of town. I'm an hour and a half southwest of truman road p&p
I'm down in the Raymore area but work up in the Liberty so am all over the area. If you snag one I'd happen pay for it and give you a little bit for your time, as well!! That would be awesome. I'm no where near the pick n pulls and when I have gone in the past everything is super picked over so I've not made it happen to go back and visit.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454

We are building a '93 S10 for my son's daily so I've been collecting parts when I can find them. It has the 2.8/ 5 speed, but long-term we plan to put the 4.6LS/ 5 speed out of early 2000's truck into it.

For a million of these trucks made, I'm having a bit of a hard time myself finding good, used sheetmetal. I need a drivers fender. There is a guy down the street w/ a non-running Bravada that has good sheetmetal that I am trying to buy for the fender, the Oldsmobile grill, and misc upscale trim/ dash stuff for my son's S10. If I get it this weekend, I'll let you know and you can have the door/ parts.
That would be awesome, man!!

And I agree! The support we get on these S10s is pretty poor. Good parts are hard to find. I've found this with both doors and bed sides. NO ONE stamps complete bedsides so your only choice track down a used on that also needs repair or scab in patch panels. I've done the patch panels a few times now and it's ok but then you have hours of bodywork to follow. I'd much rather a full bedside LOL

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
You big sissy's. @animal and @Old77. Y'all need to do like I do, put your woman in place, tell her that's what is going to happen. If she don't like it TOO BAD! I'm the man of the house, you need to make her understand that.

Oh crap here comes my wife, I have to go.... Stand up for your manly rights...

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

If you get it, be sure to save the fog light brackets. They are the same as used on S10's with optional fog lights.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I'm down in the Raymore area but work up in the Liberty so am all over the area. If you snag one I'd happen pay for it and give you a little bit for your time, as well!! That would be awesome. I'm no where near the pick n pulls and when I have gone in the past everything is super picked over so I've not made it happen to go back and visit.
Next time I can make an excuse to hit a pik n pull, I'll touch base the day before,shouldn't be long.

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
You big sissy's. @animal and @Old77. Y'all need to do like I do, put your woman in place, tell her that's what is going to happen. If she don't like it TOO BAD! I'm the man of the house, you need to make her understand that.

Oh crap here comes my wife, I have to go.... Stand up for your manly rights...
Do NOT make me call and talk to her about your attitude MR. :Nonono:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef