E30 325i -> 335i my daily and first project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slybeanx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
v6
Hello!

I just wanted to share my first project car and probably my favorite of any I've owned (7 total). The photo with my dad is the day I bought it filling up after the trip home.

I bought the car in January of 2018, it was an automatic listed for 4 hours on R3vlimited (E30 forum), saw it and wanted to check it out immediately. Its the late model version, had basic comfort seats and was in rather okay shape mechanically.

Since I've owned it I stripped down the interior completely, replaced it with kilmat everywhere, bought and restored the sport seats a nice vibrant red, swapped in a nardi steering wheel, add a wooden steering shifter and a rare husco arm rest. The trunk was given a wooden floor with a sub bolted onto it, because theres a theme to this car. 6x9s were added to the rear and new 5 1/4 to the front. It sounds really good.

The M20 runs currently on megasqurit that I tuned myself and gets around 25-28MPG, the 5 speed is all refreshed and feels great to shift through. The car is lowered on coils with KONI struts. I've painted the hood, side mirrors, bumpers, and fender at this point and have done a much better job than I did on my truck. I've added brass motorsport emblems to the hood and trunk as well as 17" APEX ARC 8 wheels that give it a nice tucked look.

I have replaced every part of this car except the brake lines and ABS system. the suspension is all been replaced, the brakes are all new, the engine bay has every single sensor, gasket, radiator etc replaced. They can all thankfully be swapped over to the M30. I've enjoyed learning how to wrench on this thing.

In my garage I'm building a M30B35 w/ 5 speed I snagged for cheap locally and will be swapping it in whenever I have time. Anyways heres a photo dump of my favorite car (and the one I learned manual on)

Car is currently getting the cluster rebuilt by Bav restoration, needs a few more touch ups on the paint, fix the trunk and then it should be all set for awhile.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Slybeanx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
v6
More photos fresh after I painted it in the fall. Pics showcasing the interior a bit and the engine bay atm

Slybeanx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
v6
The new interior vs the "old" sport seats I got from a local guy. I didnt like everything all black so I added some color.

The M30 after getting the top end rebuilt, just need to work up the effort to swap it in now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20