Green Gas Monkey Wrecked Truck being rebuilt.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
It's at a different shop now. 74Auto got it back an took it somewhere else. Alex gave up his you tube channel about 2yrs ago now I believe.
So glad it’s in capable hands now!! Looks like it’s finally getting done correctly. Alex seemed to be in way over his head with this build and it would have turned out horrible if he’d proceeded forward with it IMO

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
I agree completely, still think it needed some better parts but it looks to be in very capable hands an should be back to better than it was when it left GMG really.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Paint!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
Paint!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
The laugh track they inserted in that intro seems like they are kinda goofin' on Alex's attempt at working on it, too :happy175:

Kurnacopia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
The more I see of this truck the more I don't like it. If he wanted a square project he should've just fixed up that donor square. That's a much better truck imo.

How much did he pay for the green one I never heard. Who builds a truck with no stereo? Stupid! Gas monkey's about half ******* imo anyway. Lol
IMHO, Gas Monkey did a "good" job, but I really doubt it was given the attention to detail necessary for a truck like this. These things take time to build and time to customize. AND, we all know Richard is about cash and time. Getting this ready for auction and throwing it together so fast can almost guarantee areas where shortcuts will show. I guess we will see as this guy progresses in this build.

Last edited:

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Those baby carriage wheels are cute.
You must be registered for see images attach

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
IMHO, Gas Monkey did a "good" job, but I really doubt it was given the attention to detail necessary for a truck like this. These things take time to build and time to customize. AND, we all know Richard is about cash and time. Getting this ready for auction and throwing it together so fast can almost guarantee areas where shortcuts will show. I guess we will see as this guy progresses in this build.
Having met Richard and his crew/been to the shop and seen several of the vehicles there, I can confirm anything for the show is a thrown together, hot, steaming pile of garbage. They are capable of nice work, there was some seriously top tier stuff in the shop, but the show vehicles are anything but.

I saw the green truck in '14 at SEMA before it was wrecked and it was AWFUL from any closer than 20ft away. It was loaded with bondo, wavy panels, ****** wiring, all done quickly for the show and to get it out onto "the circuit". I hate to say it but the best thing that ever happened to that truck was it getting wrecked.

Kurnacopia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Having met Richard and his crew/been to the shop and seen several of the vehicles there, I can confirm anything for the show is a thrown together, hot, steaming pile of garbage. They are capable of nice work, there was some seriously top tier stuff in the shop, but the show vehicles are anything but.

I saw the green truck in '14 at SEMA before it was wrecked and it was AWFUL from any closer than 20ft away. It was loaded with bondo, wavy panels, ****** wiring, all done quickly for the show and to get it out onto "the circuit". I hate to say it but the best thing that ever happened to that truck was it getting wrecked.
Ya, these trucks take time and dedication. Two days and ya got a painted pile of crap.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
As they say, 'Perfume on a pig'.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Yeah I lost interest in the show after the first season. It was pretty cool starting out then it just got old to me. He'd go to the auction and lose his ass in no reserve. Lol

I guess it's all those shows get old. I used to watch Texas metal too. Even have a friend in that show. But it became a jacked up trucks with big rims and skinny tires builds all the time.

Maybe it's me but it was the same with street outlaws in okc. Started out cool then they went to pro mods. Those aren't fcking street cars. So the name becomes meaningless. I liked until then. I haven't seen that one in years because of that. Was just regular guys competing with their cars. Then it became you have to have 100k in your car just to keep competing. Just got dumb imo

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Yeah I lost interest in the show after the first season. It was pretty cool starting out then it just got old to me. He'd go to the auction and lose his ass in no reserve. Lol

I guess it's all those shows get old. I used to watch Texas metal too. Even have a friend in that show. But it became a jacked up trucks with big rims and skinny tires builds all the time.

Maybe it's me but it was the same with street outlaws in okc. Started out cool then they went to pro mods. Those aren't fcking street cars. So the name becomes meaningless. I liked until then. I haven't seen that one in years because of that. Was just regular guys competing with their cars. Then it became you have to have 100k in your car just to keep competing. Just got dumb imo
Full agreement there, cant much stand any of those either.
Thats why i love Roadkill, they're exactlt what they were when the started, and they're really real. Just 2 normal guys working on ****** old cars, driving them and having fun like you should.

Radiohead

That guy on the Columbia
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
MCMLXXIX
Truck Model
C-20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
454 crazy cubes, or 7.4 luscious litres
Or, " You can't polish a turd"
True. But I am continuously amazed by the number of people trying to pick them up by the "clean" end.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454

I noticed the thick layer of bondo when this latest shop was working on it prepping it for new paint. He was working on the firewall and as he was taking the paint off to get down to metal you got a good look at how thick that bondo was/is :eek:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef