I let me son buy this... I know I know...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heffalump

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500 suburban
Engine Size
It might be a dodge but at least it's not a Kia..

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
He don't have this truck any longer. Sad Sad Story !!! But he learned a very valuable lesson about being impatient and not waiting on me as well as dealing with liars on Craigslist. He got FUCT on a trade for a POS Chevy. No Joke !!! His Dodge was 4x what his POS Chevy he got is, and the Dodge also had a good title, not a fraudulent altered title. So needless to say, he is without a vehicle now and has a hunk of **** he can't do anything with except scrap it and may not even be able to do that since the title is no good and has been altered.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yes, it's pretty bad. That's what I spend Father's Day doing, trying to get his truck back. By Monday, the guy had it titled in his name and nothing could be done and my son is stuck with this POS and a bad title from a car lot that has been altered on the assignment line, so he has to go back to the car lot, pay for title paperwork to be done all over again or file title 42. Of course the guy didn't meet at his house so my son doesn't even know the guys name or where he lives.

heffalump

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500 suburban
Engine Size
He don't have this truck any longer. Sad Sad Story !!! But he learned a very valuable lesson about being impatient and not waiting on me as well as dealing with liars on Craigslist. He got FUCT on a trade for a POS Chevy. No Joke !!! His Dodge was 4x what his POS Chevy he got is, and the Dodge also had a good title, not a fraudulent altered title. So needless to say, he is without a vehicle now and has a hunk of **** he can't do anything with except scrap it and may not even be able to do that since the title is no good and has been altered.

Damn man that sucks. That was a pretty decent looking truck, even better when you factor in the price. Sometimes those younguns gotta learn the hard way. Maybe IF there's a next time he might listen to ya..

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Sorry HR.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Nothing like dealing with more fraud. That sucks!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I think I got him another good deal. This time I let him handle most of it, I just stayed in the background and threw in a couple tips along the way. I also called the seller behind my son's back as if I was another interested buyer and asked some questions my son didn't ask since it was out of town 80 miles. He did pretty well, so he's learning from his mistakes thankfully.

He ended up getting a Hoe for $1500 and she didn't even moan. Just purred like a kitten.

2001 LT with all the bells and whistles. 12 way power memory heated seats and all that ****. Couple dents, the seats are rough. You know what old leather does. I told him he can get new leather take off seat covers and the seats be good as new again. Clean the carpet then the interior would look brand new since the dash, console and door panels are perfect. 5.3 4L60-E, trans fluid color was great, shifted real nice and locked up and unlocked converter perfectly. 234,000 miles. Could use a good Clay Bar and polish compound on the paint and a good wax then it would probably be about an 8 of 10 on the exterior. Missing a couple switch covers, like the volume button for the rear seat headset volume, and the lockout switch for power windows on the driver door is missing it's cover. ABS brake motor is bad, and the AC quit blowing cold and why they sold it so cheap. I figured I'll jump the low pressure switch and see if it comes on but the guy said he thinks he it needs a new compressor. And it might at 234,000 miles. But Hey, he's got him an LS powered Hoe, so it should be all good. Rides smooth as glass beleive it or not. I'm hoping the 2 dents are small enough he can get paintless dent repair on them. They are about softball size dents, maybe a bit bigger, so I think it can be done. They are low in the rear quarters, to where there is access to the sheetmetal on the backside from underneath. Fairly certain, paintless dent repair can handle the dents. I'll post pics later.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Sounds like a good girl there.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Hopefully he doesn't dispose of this one so quickly. And hopefully the fraudulent transaction made him learn a valuable lesson.

whitelightnin13

Reaction score
First Name
eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
sold my dodge as fast as I could lol parts were a lot more expensive and harder to work with!!!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Hopefully he doesn't dispose of this one so quickly. And hopefully the fraudulent transaction made him learn a valuable lesson.

Oh yeah, he learned an expensive lesson. He was all kinds of asking me questions and being patient about me being available to go look at things. I weeded alot out by phone or email and showed him how to do it. We did waste a bit of time on one that he handeled the communication. It was a car flipper guy. He lied and said he still had it, and when we got there, he tried to sell us something else. I got pissed at the guy, and let him know he was a ****** Craigslist douche bag liar. He then started making excuses and I told my son right in front of him, This is the type of low life ***** you don't want to deal with. The guy took offense and said, I don't appreciate you talking to me like this, I said I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to my son and teaching him what kind of bait and switch lying losers to avoid doing business with and I don't appreciate you wasting my ******* time, so go **** yourself *******.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I dont understand the whole hulabaloo about a short box. I personally brush them off in favor of a long box. Especially like him hauling a dirt bike, wouldnt you want a long box??? I buy a truck to haul and work as a truck, i want the full bed. Good deal on the truck though!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Wow, this is back from the dead.
NO douubt, and I had to go back re read and relive all that. I still don't think my son is to much smarter either. Maybe, but not by much. Still gotta learn everything the hard way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8