Green Gas Monkey Wrecked Truck being rebuilt.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I figure some hilarity will ensue shortly. Portbuilt has/includes zero instructions (or used to) he does have the benefit that they finally started marking the hardware bags. It used to be just a giant puzzle you had to figure out yourself off a few pictures.

Well he has the old frame to but this stuff should be at least 2 gen newer. I wonder if he paid for that or if it was "donated" as well. Knowing PB I doubt they even gave him a discount. I am surprised he bought an entire new kit though. I bet the new stuff isnt compatible with what was on the old frame.
I was wondering that too. I bet many of the parts he has are still good. It's either cause there not interchangable with what's on there or he got it free?

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
This guy talks like a robot when explaining what he's gonna do. Still wanna see what he does to it.

Update November 15th 2019 Part 6

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

fannin

Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
I saw some pictures from SEMA and I believe that I saw that someone is coming out with a frame for the C10's. I'd be interested in one for another build.

CPP had their new frame at Sema it looked very similar to stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
CPP had their new frame at Sema it looked very similar to stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is, they are offering it the same as stock or a smooth version without the all the unused holes that are in a factory frame.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
I was wondering that too. I bet many of the parts he has are still good. It's either cause there not interchangable with what's on there or he got it free?

Porterbuilt is constantly improving stuff so every other year or so there's a new version with changes an some are probably not backwards compatible. They really don't need the PR so I'm betting he paid for it all. I also haven't seen him say or show the front end sheet metal he said he was getting.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
New video is up. Gotta hand it to PB, it looks like they have significantly improved their instructions. I'm glad to see that as they make a good product but it used to be such a hassle to install. It looks like what he's done so far went fairly easy for him....

shanegtr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Anyone see the latest vid on the rebuild. I lost it laughing when I seen him put the grinding wheel on backwards. If it was me making videos I'd do something like that as a windup for the internet trolls, and then spin it around off camera - but there was a shot at the end with grinding wheel in hand and cleary it had been used that way. How does someone end up doing this sort of thing and not seem to have a clue about it?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Update Jan 21st 2020 Part 7

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Update Jan 29, 2020 Part 8

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
You guys don't have to wait for me to post the update videos. I didn't realize I wasn't subscribed and set up for notifications to watch the build. I am now though. I've edited one of the earlier posts for part 6 so it looks like someone else posted it, but I did that to keep it in order and on the right timeline with comments.

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I have only watched an entire 2 minutes of his video....

I don't want to listen to him at all.
I tried to watch the one before last where he is putting that notch in. He seems like a boob to me. "I never seen anything like that before, I guess they are rivets, I am going to call them rivets." Proceeds to attach grinding wheel upside down on the tool. "Next we have to take off these crossmembers we aren't going to use, this one, that one, and this one, it might hold the transmission, maybe, it unbolts but these others have those "rivets"."

WTF is this the first thing that guy has tried to fix? Is the truck the reason people are watching this?

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
What I don't get about him is exactly like what @TravisB point out. He seems absolutely clueless but yet he tears down and rebuilds some pretty high end cars all the time and from what we can see they seem to turn out to be pretty decent when he's done. but some of the stuff he says makes him seem like he's clueless. Does he have a helper(s) that he just never shows on camera? Is he just good a Googling or following step by step instructions? Taking out the rear end. Doesn't know what the emergency brake lines are. Doesn't seem sure what to call the differential. I'm just super confused on if he really knows anything or if he's just really good at hiding the people who actually do the work :shrug:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisd9997