got a square body!!!!!!!! s10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
nope I bought a hurst his/hers or dual gate shifter for it.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Great progress on the S-Dime, Chris! And nice Camaro as well, but me thinks you'll not be able to get around very well when the snow starts flying here soon!! You might be missing the 4x4 but those are some cool projects! :cheers:

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
we never used the 4wd in the winter anyways, my old man used it one year that was it. We always use the wife's front wheel drive, or stay home. The trans was messed up in it started acting up, couldn't trust it and with the v6 I couldn't put front driveshaft in. I traded it to that guy who was gonna build it, but he traded it for a v8 s10. Good to hear from ya Curt, been wondering what you were into. I looked into your build thread about your pops truck, you can just bring me you big camo one, I'll keep it for ya.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I talked myself out of getting rid of the big truck but give me a week and that might change lol.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Good update! Work on the S10 looks great, and I gotta say, that Camaro is MUCH cooler than your pickup. Looking forward to seeing that project happen too!

P.S. Let me know if you ever decide to sell that Camaro too, lol.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
lol I hear ya and will do. I got tired of that pickup after the motor going down then finally get the v6 in it and trans act up I just got ruined. I probably would have traded it for a bicycle with 2 flat tires.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
well I finally got most of this back together and pushed outside to start on the camaro project. I have to get pics still, and I know it's not most ppl's style with lund accessories but it's mine and I love it with em on it now. I did realize though it's not quite low enough, too much tire to fender gap for me, around 6 inches, but it only has 14's on it and they are only like 23-1/2 tall. I most likely will add something like a 26 or 28 tall tire, and go with maybe 17's or even 16's to have a lil less sidewall, but yet not have rubber band sidewalls which I hate. I'm just after a lowered clean look and not huge tall sidewalls like a bigger truck. That's all still up in the air, I'm even considering since it's not gonna be driven much putting air ride back on it and doing it right. That way it can slam when parked and raise to drive. I'm afraid static around here is going tear everything apart quick.

so as of now I'm wondering about buying drop leafs and spindles to make it lower, or do air ride. I have to buy some brackets, bags and of course tank, compressor, lines and fittings for that, but for now it only has 3 inch blocks out back and one full cut coil on v6 springs.

it's weird, really exciting and very motivating to see it all together though. I was focused on buying camaro stuff and doing it but once I started in on this I got interested and really wannted to stop camaro anything and get this done.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
looks like this project may be going back in the garage for more work here soon. I ordered some rear brake parts and pads/shoes and some other odds and ends, going to put them on, most likely swap in the camasro motor and trans and get this one going so I can drive it in and out of the garage then work on the camaro, or maybe even get the s10 on the road and work on the camaro after that.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
not much has went on with this, I brought it back inside, took the nose off, removed the upper control arms since they hit to headers and sold those, bought some tubular uppers, and tons of other parts to try and finish this up. I got the camaro motor cleaned up, had to put in some gaskets and a new timing set. I got it painted yesterday, gotta order more parts and get time/weather to try and get it all done.

I never got any pics with everything back together but I got some with the nose off lol...

You must be registered for see images attach

header test fit on mock up block

everyone who has done this or looked into it knows they have long tube specific mounts and the 2.8 conversion ones usually are for shortys, well on some fb s10 pages I had heard guys mention flipping them to make it work and so I tried it, worked perfectly, I had already bought the 2.8 style mount setup or else I would have got the plates that use v8 pads and block mounts.

I ran the suffix codes for this thing and according to nasty z28 it was 4 bolt main, WRONG pulled the pan to change gasket and RMS it's a 2 bolt. The suffix code is DRH date was rigt on though and rest of the suffix info 79 year and could be from an f body or something ele it said.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
lil update, not much going on too cold and now buried in like 18 inches of snow.

I've been ordering tons of stuff to get it done but bad weather has kept me from doing anything to it. I've got other parts painted but going to have to redo one it's a bit warmer, and changed plans on mounts. I was advised having them flipped like I did would just cause them to bend, so I ordered up the transdapt v8 plates and some stock 84 squarebody c10 motor mounts for the frame. I also have to see which will let me use the square body c10 driveshaft I got, whichever set works I'll use and just sale the others.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
yep so it must be a number macthing setup since the car is a 79 rs.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Those mounts look plenty sturdy to me :shrug:

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
they did me too but everyone kept complaining they'd bend and on that one I could see it happening because of where it's only a small strip with no bottom and all the weight hanging over the front, but like I aid if my driveshaft doesn't work I'm gonna go back to these so I can slide it forward to clear and gain clearance for it to work.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Having them in that position is no different then if they were bolted to an engine block. If they did bend, it would be a design flaw, not because of the way you mounted them. I'm guessing you planned to use all three mounting bolts, not just the two pictured.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scandia