Fontana Radiator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
So I saw a Marketplace ad for a brass-copper radiator that came out of a ‘71 Camaro, and I quickly found that it would fit in my car, which I’ve been passively looking for one of these for a couple of years. I assumed it was a GM-Harrison radiator, but when I got there, the tag said Fontana Radiator in Fontana, CA. It doesn’t have a tag on the fins like the OEM ones so it looks like they built this one right at the shop. Nice radiator, three row unit in the slightly tighter 26.25” core length package. It has a little hard water buildup, but I’m gonna let it soak in CLR and see if that takes care of it. Should work well. Also, the Fontana people told me they go through and clean them for $80, which is a reasonable price and surprisingly so in the greater LAX area.

I have the larger factory station wagon radiator which interchanges into some round eye squares and other models, and I’ll probably get rid of that one pretty soon. I didn’t want to have to get the wagon fan shroud and jimmy the cooler lines to make it work.

Apparently there’s a cottage industry for these old style radiators, which I didn’t realize, and I’m glad to see that.

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87POPS