Radiator Brackets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
The rad I have is a 3 core - Champion CC161. Maybe someone has already installed one and knows what works?

The originals -might- actually work....just at first glance they dont look like it and everything is still too packed away to easily size it up.
Mines a 3 core too so I ordered these to see if they'll fit better. The leaking one was a 4 core and wider so thats why they don't fit I'm guessing.

Vanshly (4 PCS Kit) Rubber Radiator Insulator Pads 4012-326-681S,3 Core Radiator Mounts Cushions, Support Pads compatible with GM,Radiator Mounts Parts https://a.co/d/2ImWUe8

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Mines a 3 core too so I ordered these to see if they'll fit better. The leaking one was a 4 core and wider so thats why they don't fit I'm guessing.

Vanshly (4 PCS Kit) Rubber Radiator Insulator Pads 4012-326-681S,3 Core Radiator Mounts Cushions, Support Pads compatible with GM,Radiator Mounts Parts https://a.co/d/2ImWUe8
I hope you post up how they work out. :hat:

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
I'll let ya know. They should be here today. If weather holds up I can get em on. It's raining here now. :rolleyes:

Toby

Reaction score
First Name
Toby
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I used some obs bracket on mine. Got them from the junk yard for $12 for the both of them.

Attachments

• IMG_0674.jpeg
    IMG_0674.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 31

RanchWelder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
--------
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
355ci
Yah, those brackets drop the extra inch.
What model/year did you rip them out of?
Never heard of OBS?

Maybe we can find them from LMC for a different year truck?
Toby, do you realize you have the secret sauce brackets that have pissed off a whole bunch of builder's trying to find?

PITA

If you bought the 19" core, find the mounts Toby posted.
It's tough to comprehand somebody has not manufactured a quality set of brackets to solve this issue for the aftermarket welded versions for our trucks.

Every time I search for a new radiator, after 4-5 hours, I end up back at R/A looking at a Spectra single core, (works as a double core).
It is still $125 and fits stock mounts/brackets.

The unit in my rig is well over 10 years old and does not leak.
The Spectra, (so long as I use the water line block heater), refuses to break.
(Watch out what you wish for, right?)

My brain will not justify spending $350 for a radiator and modified brackets, when the welded aftermarket thin metal might only last me 2-3 years tops. It gets -40 every winter. They tend to get pin hole leaks in the tig welded seams from dirt on the welding rods, the guys building the cores cannot control.

The electrical wire mod looks great. I'm positive I have done that to a guy's truck we threw together a long time ago!
That brass rdiator is cool. Get you some Toby Brackets!

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
This is the HD unit. For 80's trucks, just swapped my old two piece mounts for this full plate, that actually fits the tall rads. The regular spectra rad fits under just fine, but this plate is meant for a 4 core, I used a 3 core bushing set and got it to work just fine, i had to massage the plate a little for some more clamping force to take up the extra room. I also changed it because I wanted a cover over the rad, since my fan shroud is a little modified, and for when I work on the truck.

70's and 80's wont interchange as far as I know. But you just have to bolt in the new plate and that's it. The aftermarket units are a little flimsy.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
I really like that. It's a good spot to lay tools and such as well. With that thought, I'd get some cheap flat magnets from amazon and put them underneath it to help "hold" those tools, screws, etc. I put a few under the corners where the hood height bushing is. Love it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad