Radiator Support Body Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Having a blonde moment.....

IIRC the 2 donut mounts that go under the radiator support are different from the cab mounts - yes? If so, in what way? Or were the bolts just a different length? Or both?

I'm trying to collect all the randomly stashed parts and brackets to start assembling the front end - rad support, radiator, condenser, fans, etc to pick up some major storage room. Trying to remember the details but me taking mental notes is like writing with a ball point pen on wax paper.

Thx.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Just the bolts are a different length I do believe.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Having a blonde moment.....

IIRC the 2 donut mounts that go under the radiator support are different from the cab mounts - yes? If so, in what way? Or were the bolts just a different length? Or both?

I'm trying to collect all the randomly stashed parts and brackets to start assembling the front end - rad support, radiator, condenser, fans, etc to pick up some major storage room. Trying to remember the details but me taking mental notes is like writing with a ball point pen on wax paper.

Thx.
I ordered the good mark ones from Summit, short ones for core support and front of cab and a pair of tall ones for the rear of the cab. The good mark mounts look almost identical to the ones AMD sells. My truck is an ‘80 so it might be different for the ‘81 and newer bodies.

The bolts they supplied were just a tiny bit short for the core support, but I was able to compress the bolt head to get the nut started. Tightened the nut to compress the rubber down the rest of the way, once fully tightened there are 2 threads sticking out of the top side of the nut.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/GMK-4144990731S

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I have the mounts - bought real rubber ones from (cant remember ATM) but took a good while to get them and they are every bit OE quality).

LMC shows them as 2 different PNs for the bolts and the rubber cushions. I would guess the rad support bolts are longer and the rad support rubber a tad thicker....?! Could swear this came up before but cant find it.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I have the mounts - bought real rubber ones from (cant remember ATM) but took a good while to get them and they are every bit OE quality).

LMC shows them as 2 different PNs for the bolts and the rubber cushions. I would guess the rad support bolts are longer and the rad support rubber a tad thicker....?! Could swear this came up before but cant find it.

Shoot, sorry not much help here. Even using same mounts and bolts on mine the core support mounts seemed to want a little more bolt than I had so your logic makes sense.

hogdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
I used slightly longer than stock stainless steel bolts for front core support. I believe they were about 6" long but I can check tomorrow.

Last edited:

hogdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Stock length was 5" but they rusted bad in the middle of bolt was why I went to Stainless Steel and I had to order them from one bolt houses online.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
put a load of anti-seize on those bolts

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
put a load of anti-seize on those bolts
I actually ran a tap through everything to straighten and clean the threads once I got the originals out (they needed it too). They'll get lathered good with anti seize or some synthetic grease before going back together.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Just the bolts are a different length I do believe.
Just to wrap this thread.... @PrairieDrifter - you are correct. I found all my new mounts - the rubber is the same and the only difference is the length of the bolts. The radiator support bolts are longer.

Juggernaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I used slightly longer than stock stainless steel bolts for front core support. I believe they were about 6" long but I can check tomorrow.
You need to be careful using stainless bolts on anything requiring pull out strength. 304 stainless is the equivalent of using a grade 2 bolt. You may be ok using 316, it is equivalent to about a grade 5, but definitely don't use stainless for your cab mounts

hogdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
You need to be careful using stainless bolts on anything requiring pull out strength. 304 stainless is the equivalent of using a grade 2 bolt. You may be ok using 316, it is equivalent to about a grade 5, but definitely don't use stainless for your cab mounts
They were 316 stainless from one of the bolt houses. Only one available at the time were 6" length and could cut an inch if needed.
The oem bolts rusted badly in the middle, I doubt they were adequate.

F593C is 316 stainless.
You must be registered for see images attach

This is the 5" oem bolt.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
I ordered the good mark ones from Summit, short ones for core support and front of cab and pair of tall ones for the rear of the cab....... My truck is an ‘80 so it might be different for the ‘81 and newer bodies.

Yes this, and there were 2 different sizes for the rear tall mounts, may have changed sooner, 1978?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chad112507