By Popular Demand, Reputation on Trial Basis !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Damn, I can tell I'll be busy deleting reps. :rofl: Beginning to see why it don't work. It's not even gonna last a week? :eek:

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Don't be deleting reps!! :Sumo: that's where Animal gets his confidence from :shrug:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Don't be deleting reps!! :Sumo: that's where Animal gets his confidence from :shrug:

HAHAHHAHAHAA. :bowroflwerd6: :bowroflwerd6:

I can see my reps but not who gave them or see what others have gave? What are these, mystery reps? :roflbow:

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
HAHAHHAHAHAA. :bowroflwerd6: :bowroflwerd6:

I can see my reps but not who gave them or see what others have gave? What are these, mystery reps? :roflbow:

I think most of your reps came from Dave:sorry:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
If someone wants you to know, then they'd have to include their ID in the comment. Usually someone might abbreviate cuz you only get so much space. I'd probably do HRPC, you could 89S, crazy4 can do C4 etc. But otherwise, Rep system is annonymous.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
So it's been just about 2 weeks since we brought the Kudos system to life. I haven't heard any feedback or complaints so far. I'm assuming no feedback is good news??? I've not gone in to check to see who is doing what on the system since I'd have to do it individually on each person as given and individually as received..... Other than a member or 2 I figured wouldn't take it seriously and so far all is well. I did get one comment early on stating that the system won't work, so I've been watching theirs too and all is well there.

Anyone have any negatives yet? If so, send me a PM and I"ll look into it. You'll remain anonymous to just me, not even the other mods. Remember one of things said early on, for us, it's more of a way to give Kudos to those who are helpful and beneficial to the forum, not use negatives. If I could turn negatives off I would. The old adage, don't have anything good to say just don't say anything at all. Now this doesn't mean not to correct someone in a public post, we don't want to spread wrong info, so if someone is wrong, properly and adult like, make the correction and re-educate. I am just referring to the Reputation system.

Any Comments? Any Complaints? Should it be discontinued or continued? It's still in a probationary period so lets hear some feedback. If you don't want your comment public, PM me.

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
I'm trying to be good and only give reps when I see someone post good info or help for someone else. Sometimes it aint easy not to give reps when someone makes a funny though. I'ma trying to behave it just aint easy. :help:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I still don't understand why it has to be anonymous and you can't view others reps or view who you received them from. On other VB sites that have this you can easily do all that. That's my only gripe.

For instance, if I were to be browsing through a members reps, and somebody rep'd him for an excellent post about fixing a bad EGR soleniod, and I wanted to view that post you could click on that rep and it would take you to the post. Kind of an extra tool to use for adding extra navigation to the site IMO.

Otherwise it seems to be going good! :)

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I still don't understand why it has to be anonymous and you can't view others reps or view who you received them from. On other VB sites that have this you can easily do all that. That's my only gripe.

For instance, if I were to be browsing through a members reps, and somebody rep'd him for an excellent post about fixing a bad EGR soleniod, and I wanted to view that post you could click on that rep and it would take you to the post. Kind of an extra tool to use for adding extra navigation to the site IMO.

Otherwise it seems to be going good! :)

That would be cool. But I don't see that option here on this Vbulletin version. I've never known rep systems to be public on any Vbulletin version, and I know of at least 3 other forums that use it. Sorry Dawg, I don't think I can fix that.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
That would be cool. But I don't see that option here on this Vbulletin version. I've never known rep systems to be public on any Vbulletin version, and I know of at least 3 other forums that use it. Sorry Dawg, I don't think I can fix that.

Oh well, phukit. :roflbow:

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
So the rating system is supposed to be used for rating a user based on his vehicle specific auto advice? Does that mean I cant give rep to someone that posts something that makes me laugh my ass off? I would like to use the system as its intended.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rowdy_80