Who is or has run a 307?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
All the government agencies at the local levels are underfunded (I guess, they think they are anyway) so they're out looking for revenue anywhere they can find it. And the "country" is getting city-fied too unfortunately.
Another buddy of mine has lived on the outskirts of Manvel, Texas so long that one of the streets in this subdivision has his last name! Ya know your people been there a while for that to happen! He works on his own vehicles, used to do transmission work on the weekends, and I think they have some animals. Well now the City has grown enough that they're not in the sticks anymore...so I'm sure this'll be happening with their area soon.
None of the Code Enforcement people I've ever dealt with or heard about are "car people" so they really don't "get" why someone else is. To them it's just another excuse to jack a "lower income" or minority person around... In the interest of "gentrification".
If it wasn't the middle of summer, I'd be making room in the building for this other truck (2006 GMC Yukon XL Denali,6.0 AWD) so I could get some parts off it I want to use on my 400 Burb. Wanted to do that over the winter and s**t kept happening that kept me from getting out there and working.
Anybody interested in the running gear outta this one, maybe for a Hot Rod LS Burb?
Sorry for the thread jack BTW....
I'm interested in the running gear. How much?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
@Ricko1966 I just picked up a nice and clean 307 to put in my daughter's '77 K10. It's from my friend's '69 Camaro and we are fairly certain it's been rebuilt. It should perform nicely and be economical as well.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Well it's funny I didn't know whether to jump back in here or not,but with bucket calling me by name I figure I ought to say something. Some of you will agree,some of you won't but you can't please everyone. Rather than continuing the panic of throwing things together,scrapping stuff I didn't want to etc. Way to much to do and not enough time. I filled out their paperwork and mailed it back to them,we'll have to see what the consequences are. I know what the consequences are,money,I'll just have to see how much.

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
On purpose I bought a 1987 tune port 305 roller cam engine from an iroc camaro and put it in my 83 regal coup, not the most desirable car but interior is mint and car is fun!! that 305 thinks it's a 350. Has an R4 with 273s. Does good burnouts and drifts around for fun. I've had and driven ford 302s and there no 350 but do okay. The chevy 307, 305 are good engines imo. Its my belief that allot of there bad wrap came from crappy cams that went bad premature giving them low performance.

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
307 Freshness...
This one was just reassembled.
We bought it as a running fresh rebuild for Max's '55.
His '49 truck needed an engine, so he began the transformation.

It now wears a set of Summit Vortec heads (GASP!), a ebay Vortec air gap intake, and a Holley 570 Street Avenger.
It should be plenty snappy in the little light weight truck with the fresh turbo 350 and its Saturday night special torque converter.
Just some details to finish up before he fires it up for the first time since February.

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

307 with smol RV type cam
Summit Vortec heads with 1.6 roller rockers on all valves
9:1 compression
Cast Malibu manifolds
2" head pipes with 3" transition at rear of transmission
Jones Flow Pack single chamber mufflers and 3 " cutouts with turn downs for when it needs to be louder.

All packaged in a 1949 Chevy truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod