What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Knocked the pollen off and drove it! Beautiful day. Filled LH tank and took the loooonnnnnggg way to the feed store, eye doc and grocery store. Only had 2 people ask if it was for sale today.....slow day for buyers apparently. :p

To paraphrase a quote from Thomas Edison “Thats the most beautiful truck God has allowed man to create”.

You must be registered for see images attach
That's a beauty Paul! I've been dusting the pollen off mine for several days post wash here lately.

WFarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
350 tbi
That's a beauty Paul! I've been dusting the pollen off mine for several days post wash here lately.
It’s in the shop the vast majority of the time but that black paint attracts pollen like a magnet!

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Got the TransGo finished up today. Little bit of an unforeseen battle- the 2/3 plug was stuck, so it took me a while to figure it out. Other than that, pretty smooth sailing. I didn’t take a ton of pictures, as I was covered in ATF much of the time. The drain plug pan is installed, and I used a Moroso pan gasket that is reusable that is a lot like the Fel-Pro rubber/steel core engine gaskets. Then I filled it with Lucas ATF, and took it for a drive.

No tire chirping shifts, but is taut. The shift points are a little higher now. Plan to drop the pan again to visualize how much material is in the bottom after I get some more miles on her.

mxer147

83 K20, 350 vortec, 465, 208, 14/10, 4.10, 33s
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Long board sanded the box in between da sanding the fender to allow the compressor to cool. Paint on fender won’t scrape off like the box paint did so it’s gonna take more time. I also have some rust to repair so I likely will remove the front clip at some point for body work and paint.

Attachments

• IMG_2775.jpeg
    IMG_2775.jpeg
    209.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2774.jpeg
    IMG_2774.jpeg
    195.5 KB · Views: 10

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Long board sanded the box in between da sanding the fender to allow the compressor to cool. Paint on fender won’t scrape off like the box paint did so it’s gonna take more time. I also have some rust to repair so I likely will remove the front clip at some point for body work and paint.
Try citristrip from walmart on a spot or 2. Brush the gel on a little thick, then put saran wrap over it so it doesn't dry out. Let it sit over night. Then try to brush/scrape it off.

[edit] if it's verticle, you may have to tape the saran wrap to the body so the gel won't flow off it if you get my drift.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Last night I pulled the dash bezel off to fix a crack in it that has bothered me for a long time. It was at a thin piece of the plastic by the stereo. I’ve tried the super glue type stuff, but it would eventually separate again. I used a plastic welder from Harbor Freight that did a great job joining it. A dab of paint & it’s not noticeable anymore. Not to me anyhow.

This morning I got a wild hair & did something I’ve been putting off for a while. The ashtray is an obsolete item now, but USB ports are used for many things. Seems like every time I wanted to use the GOPRO, it was dead & the adapter for the cigarette lighter was AWOL. Or Tina’s phone had low power. I cut a panel from my old traffic sign, drilled a hole for a dual USB charger, & stuck a piece of vinyl on it. Jerked the astray out & mounted the panel using the lighter to hold it in place. Wired to an ignition source, & viola. Not the best install, but it serves my purpose. And the lid will be shut the majority of the time, so it doesn’t have to look pretty.

Glad you're posting. I thought about you Saturday afternoon when the storm trackers were way out West. 27 tornadoes in the state that day. The bad ones way down South. A few danced all around me, but nothing major like Sulpher and Murrietta got. Sulphur will never be the same.

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Glad you're posting. I thought about you Saturday afternoon when the storm trackers were way out West. 27 tornadoes in the state that day. The bad ones way down South. A few danced all around me, but nothing major like Sulpher and Murrietta got. Sulphur will never be the same.
The closest one was off by Frederick. It was a classic wedge that kinda sat in 1 spot for, what the chasers said, around 10 minutes. We could see most of the updrafts from the house as they started building everywhere but over us. We were fortunate to get what rain we did. A bad week it has been for many.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Made a run to the dump on the other side of town as the dump we use in our neck of the woods is closed for renovations until 5/6. Oh wellz,
just meant I had to drive a little longer, excellent. Would have posted in the "Put Your Square To Work" thread but it was just a few measly small trees that were fallen in the yard. It's gonna rain cats and dogs here for over a week starting tonight so I had to get it gone from the yard and out of the truck bed. On the way home I stopped at the classic car resto shop place. The sign is no longer on the building but the lot still has some interesting potential rides.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Driving by...the first time!

I was gonna say... I've seen those cars posted here before, lol. You took pictures of them a while back, didn't you?

If not, I've driven past there before. I know I've seen 'em.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
I was gonna say... I've seen those cars posted here before, lol. You took pictures of them a while back, didn't you?

If not, I've driven past there before. I know I've seen 'em.
Yes but the two tone square was new I believe. That's what had me pull in this time around. 83-85 K. It had the spindles that you have to adjust on it.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Yes but the two tone square was new I believe. That's what had me pull in this time around. 83-85 K. It had the spindles that you have to adjust on it.
Also, I don't think I got the Toyotas last time. The panel truck has been relocated but I did snap a pic of it last time. Also got the blazer last time which is why I didn't focus on it.

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
Relocated electric fuel pump to frame and replaced fuel filter on the 6.2 yesterday. New pump was labeled Sparta but it's made by Delphi, it's one of there newer lines but never heard of it.

Balancer is making my pulley wobble so I ordered a new one. and alternator belt will not stop squealing. Alternator pulley will be changed out soon because it's so smooth its incredible, thinking that could be part of it. and when I was at Napa yesterday getting one tested I noticed a box full of new takeoff pulleys so....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240504_071755_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240504_071755_eBay.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 7

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
Front shocks wouldn't cooperate, suckers are stiff, couldn't get everything lined up on those. Need to have the front end jacked up, which works out perfectly, because I planned to grease the front end. Tomorrow the front gets done.

Even the rear shocks fought me. These kyb monomax shocks are the only shocks ever that I wasn't able to wrestle into being bolted up. Was successful on the rears, but they fought like crazy, and the 2x4s and long 1x3 gave me the leverage.

After replacing the rears and lubing the speedometer cables, took it for a short test drive. A noticeable difference. Swapping in the front shocks will be a huge improvement

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charkmapman