What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Flywheel cover came today. Anyone know what size bolts hold it on? I'm thinking 7/16-20? 700r4 but don't think that makes a difference.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
gee, that's too bad. If I keep it I'll be mindful never to leave anything of value in it. I appreciate that.
Just don’t paint Kia or Hyundai on them….just seen on the news one brand is up 300% in thefts in Seattle and the other is up 500%!

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Just don’t paint Kia or Hyundai on them….just seen on the news one brand is up 300% in thefts in Seattle and the other is up 500%!
funny you mention Kia.....today I had one in front of me on the on ramp to the interstate....slow as all get out. I swear the exhaust was the size of a garden hose.....yes really....that small.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I didn't know. I remember when Honda theft was all the rage, before security systems were common, because all you needed was a big screw driver and hammer, just knock the screw driver in and turn is what I was told.

All I really knew about in modern time is Catalytic converter theft. We can't leave nothing outside the shop overnight or the cat will be gone in the morning. And the shop is in the warehouse district in Redmond! Mid-2000's I ran a Goodyear just down the street and you could practically leave your keys in all night, BC it was that kind of neighborhood. NOT no more!

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
Was doing some wiring cleanup tonight under the hood. Saw some shiny below. My pea brain says "hey, there shouldn't be shiny under the truck on the floor". $h!t. Oh well, could be worse. I assume stupid aftermarket chrome transmission dipstick not put on by me has failed to seal....again.

You must be registered for see images attach

So, continued cigar and contemplated next steps in wiring, while envisioning throwing away transmission dipstick. (GM made 30 Carbine shells shot from same era gun for cigar holder).

Said "screw it, I'm done for the night". So listening to tunes and taking a break after a long week of work, enjoying OldBlue's company.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
During the recent engine swap, one bulb split in half.....and no idea where the other went lol. I thought instead of getting bulbs local @ $25 each, it's time to upgrade.

Ordered some H4 headlight housings off amazon ($27). Not sure if it's a pair or not so I ordered 2 and we'll go from there. Also ordered some Osram Nightbreaker H4 bulbs ($27). I'll try to do a test in the sub-division to see the difference. I'll have my wife take 2 pics from the deck, one with original and one with new to test distance (after properly adjusted).

H4 headlight housings

Last edited:

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Picked up this mirror on Ebay to install in my truck.
Auto dim, compass and temp. gauge.

Think I used either multi-wire low voltage cable I had around, or a cat5 cable I had laying around. That way it would fit under the trim at the top of the window. I mounted the temp probe under the drivers side cab (zip-tied).

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Picked up this mirror on Ebay to install in my truck.
Auto dim, compass and temp. gauge.

Is it lighted too? I installed a lighted rearview mirror in my truck a few years ago because I wanted the add light with the dome light and the map lights. I will say a temp read out would be nice. I've gotten kind of spoiled with that in our other vehicles.

hogdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Is it lighted too? I installed a lighted rearview mirror in my truck a few years ago because I wanted the add light with the dome light and the map lights. I will say a temp read out would be nice. I've gotten kind of spoiled with that in our other vehicles.
No it's not lighted. :(

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Made a welders helper tonight

I tried that once a long time ago, it didn't work well for me and I don't know what I did wrong. Maybe it was some low grade pipe.

I had to butt weld some thin sheet metal today and the gap was larger than desired, so I made another go at fashioning a copper spoon.

I don't know how I screwed up last time, but this time it sure worked perfectly. Thanks for inspiring me to try again!

BRetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Franklin
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Apparently Kia's are so easy to steal, this fact has driven the normally peaceful, law-abiding citizens of St. Louis to CRIME! CRIME! in St. Louis! OMG!? Why? Must be those darn Kias!

St. Louis has actually tried to sue Kia Motors, Inc., for *causing* a crime wave in that shining city on a hill. However, the whole suit has been rendered moot because, last month, all major auto insurers dropped and refused coverage for any Kia in the StL.

Good for them. Insurance, not necessarily laws, is the quickest way to change behavior, at least among the 80% of the population who are not totally destitute and care about themselves.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size

Started on the trim today while the wife’s car was in the garage, when I’m solo tomorrow, LMC tach gets started officially and then finishing up the rear bumper now that I have the brackets (that aren’t bent).

Memaloose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Replaced the fuel pump on my '75 Chev K/20 yesterday. It's been a couple of decades since I've done that job before! No leaks, good to go for the rest of my life (I hope).

Attachments

• fuel pump3.jpg
    fuel pump3.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 28

BENR9898

Reaction score
First Name
Myron
Truck Year
79 & 84
Truck Model
both K10
Engine Size
350 & 454
Well, unfortunately, or fortunately I will be replacing a blown 350 with a 454 with 38+/- original miles. I've been searching for a motor for almost a year when the neighbors camper caught fire. Everything from the floor up was toast, but everything below the floor survived. Once the motor is in I will be redoing the interior with a new bench seat, dash pad, inner door panels, and a new radio.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84