What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Made a little time today for my console/shifter project. Drilled and grommeted a 7/8 hole in the tranny tunnel for the shifter cable. Made up a harness for the trans brake, neutral safety switch, reverse lights, and shifter light. Placed the under dash connections where they go for when the time comes to hook them up. Other end was run under the carpet along the top of the tunnel for the shifter connections.
The amps are mounted (behind each seat) and wired to battery, crossover mounted and connected to the head unit. Still need to wire the remote power from the crossover to the amps. Since everything has been relocated, I had to order a 3ft 2 RCA male to 2 RCA female cable to extend the crossover rear speaker wires to the stereo. Also a 5ft 5 pin din cable for one amp to the crossover. Should be here Tuesday. Next, all I’ll need is some time to do some of the above things and hopefully set the console in this weekend.
And no pics :(

Dmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Swapped in a new fuel tank valve to replace the one I just installed new in September. At least napa warranteed it. Once again, I hope all engineers are cursed to spend eternity working on the things they designed. My particular complaint is to whoever designed the mounting bolts for the fuel valve to fit between the frame rail and bottom of the bed. I'm sure it was really easy to install without the bed on, but I can barely get a finger in there with the bed on, let alone turn the damn thing.
You must be registered for see images attach

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
Since I got my 76, on the passenger bedside has had a bunch of cracking in the paint (from one of the many previous paint jobs far before me), couldn't take it anymore so I stripped the 90 layers off the top back to bare.

Can see all of the layers.

So now I need to wait for it to fade and match the rest of the truck.

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
But the real reason for fixing the passenger side is so my Let's Boogie stickers will not be on top of a bunch of cracked paint.

Also got two ancient studded snow tires a few days ago. The rims are 5x4 3/4 15x6 if anyone's interested.

Love the sidewall on them.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Made a little time today for my console/shifter project. Drilled and grommeted a 7/8 hole in the tranny tunnel for the shifter cable. Made up a harness for the trans brake, neutral safety switch, reverse lights, and shifter light. Placed the under dash connections where they go for when the time comes to hook them up. Other end was run under the carpet along the top of the tunnel for the shifter connections.
The amps are mounted (behind each seat) and wired to battery, crossover mounted and connected to the head unit. Still need to wire the remote power from the crossover to the amps. Since everything has been relocated, I had to order a 3ft 2 RCA male to 2 RCA female cable to extend the crossover rear speaker wires to the stereo. Also a 5ft 5 pin din cable for one amp to the crossover. Should be here Tuesday. Next, all I’ll need is some time to do some of the above things and hopefully set the console in this weekend.

PIX DAMNIT PIX!

Darth Plasma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350/SM465
I got stopped this morning at the gas station and complimented on my truck. Then this afternoon i was driving down the street near home and at the stop sign i noticed a beautiful 84 in the driveway so i rolled down my window and conversed with the guy for a good ten minutes. Hes right up the street from me. Didnt get a pic but it was a long bed, beige with a tri colored brown orange brown stripe down both sides. Guy said his dad bought it brand new. Hes only a few houses up the street from @Darth Plasma too. I told him about GMSB also
Hmmm... can’t think of it off the top of my head... I’ll keep an eye out! There’s someone with an early 80’s square that’s lifted with a blue cab and a rusty red bed driving driving around town. I pass him all the time

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Hmmm... can’t think of it off the top of my head... I’ll keep an eye out! There’s someone with an early 80’s square that’s lifted with a blue cab and a rusty red bed driving driving around town. I pass him all the time
Turns out its the district magistrate, craig long. Hes the last house on your side of the street.

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
And no pics :(

PIX DAMNIT PIX!
Yeah, I know.....just not much to see here. The blues still need to be connected to the crossover. The din wire should be here tomorrow to connect the right amp to the crossover, along with the RCA cable to extend the crossover to the stereo.

Then I can get the wires tucked away. The wiring under the dash directly above the front of the console will be done. I’m not setting the console in until this is done. Too old and not as spry as I once was to work around it. Every time I go in to work, come mess the passenger seat.

Shifter wired, just need ends on wires.

Neutral safety switch, backup lights, trans brake, and shifter light wires ran under and thru carpet.

Almost ready for finished product.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Swapped out the Quadrabog for a nice, slightly used but rebuilt QuadraJet and got rid of a bunch of the unnecessary vacuum BS and electrical that’s no longer used. Drives 10375729 times better now.

It’ll get spark plugs and a rotor/cap tonight. Hoping that fixes the skip it’s got

Also snagged some rallies from a buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Swapped out the Quadrabog for a nice, slightly used but rebuilt QuadraJet and got rid of a bunch of the unnecessary vacuum BS and electrical that’s no longer used. Drives 10375729 times better now.

It’ll get spark plugs and a rotor/cap tonight. Hoping that fixes the skip it’s got

Also snagged some rallies from a buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Nice gmc back there and another square hidin

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Took my for its first run with the new KYB's and hot diggity is it a much better handling and riding SB now!
Now on to the new shifter linkage and steering box truss when it stops raining.

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
Took my for its first run with the new KYB's and hot diggity is it a much better handling and riding SB now!
Now on to the new shifter linkage and steering box truss when it stops raining.
Did you research the kyb's ? Just wondering, I heard good things about them, and need to get new shocks too. I know that some trucks in the generation following the squares had Bilstein from the factory and have been considering those as well

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Misty Blue