What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Well first thing this morning i got pulled over by a cop and told my window tint is way too dark. First off... no **** i knew that when i put it on :rolleyes: and second, its been that way for 5 years im not changing it now. So he asked me if i needed a warning or if i would take it off. Being polite i told him id take it off but knowing damn well, thatll never happen!

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Well first thing this morning i got pulled over by a cop and told my window tint is way too dark. First off... no **** i knew that when i put it on :rolleyes: and second, its been that way for 5 years im not changing it now. So he asked me if i needed a warning or if i would take it off. Being polite i told him id take it off but knowing damn well, thatll never happen!
How big a town do you live in?? What are the chances that dude sees you again, recognizes your truck, squares are not inconspicuous and catch everyone's eye, gets pissed and rips you a new one for not complying?

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
How big a town do you live in?? What are the chances that dude sees you again, recognizes your truck, squares are not inconspicuous and catch everyone's eye, gets pissed and rips you a new one for not complying?

Good point

Shorty81

Baby Boomer
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
You are marked now. Better comply....

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Good point
If I did that around here, I might get by for awhile..only cause I don't go to the larger town that often in my square. If I did it was n the closest town to me that has cops...it might work till the next time I was in town and that guy was on shift! Haha

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Well the town i got stopped in is small and it was the chief who stopped me (my gf knows him well). Most likely i know for a fact he will see me again but im not too worried because i drive through that same spot often and its actually right at the interstate exit. But also every vehicle ive owned had the same % tint because ive always used the same one, this truck has had it on for almost 5 years now and hes the first cop to stop me about it. This is only the second stop ive had for tint, first was way back in the early 2000's when i had my s10, still the same tint. All my vehicles have always gotten 5% on them. Also if need be i can remove it in an instant on the spot, its static cling tint:cool::waytogo:

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Gots y’all a few pics from today. Finally got it in and mounted once the din cable was hooked up. Shifter mounted and wired up. Shift cable ran and hooked up. Adjustment is close enough until I can raise the rear and run thru the gears under power. Starts in gear and neutral only...check. Backup lights...check. Trans brake engages...check.
You must be registered for see images attach

For now, seat just sitting in place. Column shift handle removed.

Still have to fab a 2 foot heat shield to protect the shifter cable and fasten to exhaust with 2 muffler clamps, get a cable clamp and secure cable to tranny tail section, and screw the top lid hinge down on the console. Baby stepping it, but getting there. B-day tomorrow so not sure if anything gets done or not.

nabeshin

functioning lunatic
Reaction score
First Name
Grae
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
All my vehicles have always gotten 5% on them. Also if need be i can remove it in an instant on the spot, its static cling tint:cool::waytogo:

I had no idea they had static cling tint. How does it look? I imagine static cling tint to be crummy and full of bubbles and then scrape off when the window goes down.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Gots y’all a few pics from today. Finally got it in and mounted once the din cable was hooked up. Shifter mounted and wired up. Shift cable ran and hooked up. Adjustment is close enough until I can raise the rear and run thru the gears under power. Starts in gear and neutral only...check. Backup lights...check. Trans brake engages...check.

Still have to fab a 2 foot heat shield to protect the shifter cable and fasten to exhaust with 2 muffler clamps, get a cable clamp and secure cable to tranny tail section, and screw the top lid hinge down on the console. Baby stepping it, but getting there. B-day tomorrow so not sure if anything gets done or not.
Best update ever!! :)

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
That looks great! Where did you get the seats from?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I had no idea they had static cling tint. How does it look? I imagine static cling tint to be crummy and full of bubbles and then scrape off when the window goes down.
If you do it right when you put it on it looks great. After awhile it goes to **** though.

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size

You have as many levers as my old back hoe in this thing now :p

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I have had a peek inside the heart of mine lately.

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
That looks great! Where did you get the seats from?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Thanks. They’re beige Pro-90 series 1300 seats by Scat Interprises. Ordered thru summit racing
Procar 80-1300-54L
Procar 80-1300-54R

Procar seat brackets ....
SCA-81196B
SCA-81197B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C30vet