What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chancey

Reaction score
First Name
Chancey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Checy C10 Silverado
Engine Size
Replaced water pump, radiator hoses, thermostat, alternator, power steering pump, pump pulley and installed new belts on the C10. Ordered new headlight direct to battery wiring assembly for it too. Its a (77 with an 83 front clip) so the headlights will not dim at idle like they do. Also ordered a new chrome set of side mirrors for her. Still need to do so much more. But clicking along slowly but surely...

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
This, with the fuel gauge in the tach would be from a C60 medium duty truck:

You must be registered for see images attach

Either one could be made to work. If you use the medium duty truck combo gauge, you need to remove your original gauge resistor on the back of the fuel gauge. Then replace the one on the combo gauge with your original. The tank level float of the medium duty has a different range.

Really diggin' the C60. Having the fuel gauge in there also would free up a spot for trans temp. Thx M8

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Not my square, but Brody's(grandson). SIL was driving and let some of the smoke out from under the dash, still runs but scary!!!!!! Got a new 20205 Painless and also a socket kit, so I have a lot to do......or somebody does

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
Really diggin' the C60. Having the fuel gauge in there also would free up a spot for trans temp. Thx M8
You're welcome. My '82 didn't have a tach, big fuel gauge stock. I just cut the plastic gauge housing to make clearance for the combo gauge. Removed the wire from the gauge cluster plug and extended it to the new fuel gauge. Tapped in the ignition power and grounds.

I also moved the brake light wire from the cluster plug to a new spot for that light in the speedo gauge. Then like you stated, this gave me a spot for my turbo/boost gauge.

Not a great picture, but you can see it.

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
does it count if I PLAN on doing these things.....gotta wait on cable guy.....
plan is to install radiator hook up hoses, connect power steering hoses and get brake lines connected to master cyl.
might try to take lifting plate off manifold and install carb.
like I said depends on Larry the Cable guy and when he decides to show......i have the jeopardy theme song playing in my head as I wait.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
The only thing I've "done" lately is finally track down my oil leak. When I put the LS together, I forgot to silicone in the corners where it meets the timing cover and the rear main cover so it's been leaking like a SOB the last month or so :banghead: Can't complain too bad I guess, I got more than 10k miles on it before I started to notice a leak. Also been collecting the next round of parts, a complete Ridetech rear kit from a buddy of mine that sold his truck, a Holley bed mat (that I'll have to trim for the wider tubs) and billet cab mounts from Level 7 :banana-mario:

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I got a free bed rail / rack system and installed it. I'm going to try to tell you guys about it, but I've been drinking quite a bit so hopefully this will all make sense. Well first of all it was in pretty rough shape. I don't think it was left out side, but all of the moving parts, hinges and latches were stuck, so first order of businesses was soaking all that stuff until it moved again, and then greasing it up. Next was lengthening the top cross bars, as they were to short for the truck. Then cleaned it all up and painted it and installed it.

Below, the rails installed on the bed. My favorite thing about them is that the look good on the truck, and like they could have been installed back in '84.

Below: From the other side

Below: see how the rail bars hinge up, forming the legs and then the cross bars slip onto the top of the legs.

So I can take this from being just bed rails to being a rack in just a few minutes, and it comes back down just as quickly. The top bars, are pinned in the center so they can be taken apart and I can store them in my tool box. If there is a down fall it's certainly not as heavy duty as a lot of racks, but it's much more flexible being able to easily put it up and take it down. Certainly I'll be able to haul a ladder up there, or a couple of long boards without any trouble. I've done some chainlink take downs which almost always involve at least a few 12 foot or longer pipes, so it should come in handy for that as well.

Attachments

• 20211202_130022.jpg
    20211202_130022.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 20211130_130008 (1).jpg
    20211130_130008 (1).jpg
    68 KB · Views: 56

ali_c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Truck Year
1974, 1979
Truck Model
C20, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
I finally installed my adapter style steel wheel spacers from motorsport tech. I had to pull the axles to install longer wheel studs for proper thread engagement. Looking forward to my first test drive in spring.

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
Finally had time to pull the power steering pump. It wasn't a piece of cake. Spent quite a while with a wire brush and brake cleaner getting the built up crap off the thing. I found out I have to have a pulley removal/installer tool. I'll pick up a cheap one at HF tomorrow.

Last edited:

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
We (my dad and I) FINALLY....yes, FINALLY fired this baby up today!!!!!! Here is this sweetheart idling after the break in, and of course...cutouts opened up to hear it clearly :Big Laugh:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
We (my dad and I) FINALLY....yes, FINALLY fired this baby up today!!!!!! Here is this sweetheart idling after the break in, and of course...cutouts opened up to hear it clearly :Big Laugh:

Wow!
Sounds awesome! Love that truck…

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Finally had time to pull the power steering pump. It wasn't a piece of cake. Spent quite a while with a wire brush and brake cleaner getting the built up crap off the thing. I found out I have to have a pulley removal/installer tool. I'll pick up a cheap one at HF tomorrow.
Remt it from autozone

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
Wow!
Sounds awesome! Love that truck…

Thank you! I feel the same way :Big Laugh:

I just thought of this, glad I recorded it a while back!!! This is kinda cool. Here is that same 455, stock, with the exhaust opened up when it was in my 51 Ford Truck (F-1, half ton). That Olds sounded nice then.

AND....here is the same link (from above post) and what she sounds like now with the extra internal stuff. That same Olds sounds even better now

seventy5gmcc20

Reaction score
First Name
joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I tightened /adjusted the rear drum brakes by drilling a hole in the backing plate to access star adjuster. backing plate only had 2 slots for pad inspection. Drums had no access . (14 bolt FF) finally the e brake does what it’s supposed to do. My fault for improperly tightening when I had the drums off years ago. Learning every day.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I tightened /adjusted the rear drum brakes by drilling a hole in the backing plate to access star adjuster. backing plate only had 2 slots for pad inspection. Drums had no access . (14 bolt FF) finally the e brake does what it’s supposed to do. My fault for improperly tightening when I had the drums off years ago. Learning every day.

No adjustment access? I wonder what year that was added.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey