What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grumpy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Been making the engine pretty lately, though I will need to slow that process down for a bit, as my income doesn't match my wants for the squarebody..... and I'm getting sick of KD's and hot dogs, rice and hot dogs, and hot dogs...

Attachments

• Details 03.jpg
    Details 03.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Engine 03.jpg
    Engine 03.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 60

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
Can't wait to see how awesome the rebuild works. Imma bout to start doing this when needed vs buying reman junk from the parts store.
Looks good!
So far everything is going well.I put it all back together this evening. Putting the pulley back on was somewhat of a pain. It kept wanting to go on at an angle. Once I got it straightened up then it went on pretty easy.

Attachments

• unnamed 5.jpg
    unnamed 5.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 59

PunH2O

Reaction score
First Name
Pun
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Pretty much finished the interior just waiting on a new dash to come in. Led head lights too

Attachments

• 0E61B844-C074-42A5-B601-EA001A7A0270.jpeg
    0E61B844-C074-42A5-B601-EA001A7A0270.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 723CD5ED-E77E-41D4-B4A2-6125AD5F591A.jpeg
    723CD5ED-E77E-41D4-B4A2-6125AD5F591A.jpeg
    176.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 082B87B9-EA9D-46D2-8AD4-E6F256833358.jpeg
    082B87B9-EA9D-46D2-8AD4-E6F256833358.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 6DB49E89-BA97-41B9-BEB4-B0A0794FCF82.jpeg
    6DB49E89-BA97-41B9-BEB4-B0A0794FCF82.jpeg
    186.8 KB · Views: 68

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Put a pickup truck style tailgate and hinge hardware on my blazer.
You must be registered for see images attach

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Also changed the starter in my burb. (No pics. Upgraded from the big old clunky style one it had, to a smaller one off a 98 vortec. Starts great now.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
I've got two posts, first one i'll touch on what i've done recently to my squares, which is nothing. The '80 is put away for the year; the Pennsylvania salt has been at an all time high. The Jimmy is still in bare metal since i blasted a large portion of it. I had pulled the distributer to check timing and it was way off. Adjusted on that and double checked it all and i almost had it. Still needs some love. And i need to find time to epoxy the dang thing. Thank God it's indoors. And then the parts Burb, i had replaced the gas tank, sending unit, fuel pump and straps. Turns over and starts when you pour it down the throat, but the fp ain't workin. Have yet to diagnose that (think it's the relay) but i don't have time to lay under it in the cold right now. In other news me and my brother got a place, all of our time and effort has been going into it. When the trucks go over there, well let's just saying, anything is possible.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
PART II

Have you ever known someone or seen someone and knew that you either wanted to do what they do or be like them? I see this in my father; not just because of what he does, but who he is. For example, he bought an '87 Custom Deluxe dump truck back in idk 2012ish ran it and then restored it (not his first square) the thing is an absolute beauty, everyone knows it in the hometown and it's a solid workhorse day in and day out. Me and my brother's lastest scheme of our new house, he indefinitely lent us this as we've obviously used the hell out of it before. Our luck, this Thursday we blew a head gasket hauling a large load of lumber. We limped it back and he laughed at us about it.

Now i look for Squares online alot for sale, Marketplace mostly. Like 1/10 is being sold because of a head gasket blown. Makes sense, it's alot of work. Might not be worth it. I come home from work Saturday night and find him in the garage with the motor on the floor with the heads off and showed me the gasket. keep in mind him having free time is a rarity. This is the man i aspire to be. He ran me through it all, explained some things, we laughed some more about it and tells me it'll be ready for more work soon. Enough said. God Bless him.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
I've got two posts, first one i'll touch on what i've done recently to my squares, which is nothing. The '80 is put away for the year; the Pennsylvania salt has been at an all time high. The Jimmy is still in bare metal since i blasted a large portion of it. I had pulled the distributer to check timing and it was way off. Adjusted on that and double checked it all and i almost had it. Still needs some love. And i need to find time to epoxy the dang thing. Thank God it's indoors. And then the parts Burb, i had replaced the gas tank, sending unit, fuel pump and straps. Turns over and starts when you pour it down the throat, but the fp ain't workin. Have yet to diagnose that (think it's the relay) but i don't have time to lay under it in the cold right now. In other news me and my brother got a place, all of our time and effort has been going into it. When the trucks go over there, well let's just saying, anything is possible.

Wow, nice garage. That place is huge. You'll have some fun in there.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
The old tower clamp seems to not be working right anymore, and the radiator guy pointed it out.

Fiddling with it yesterday made me believe him as just loosening it got me some heater hose leaks. The plan was to replace it with a 7/8 clamp style.

2 problems -I could not get it to slide down, and I was too lazy to take the hose off and lose antifreeze, which is good as 7/8 was too small.

These dam things are also a victim of the supply shortage ( the clamps) so I grabbed a big bag of assorted sizes at Vato Zone today.

Voila!

by tower clamp did you mean this?
If you find those clamps start to dig into the hose at all, you could try a 7/8 fuel injection clamp. probably sold locally. I know 3/8 were for autozone from kohler.

If you want the annoying when pointed away from your tool from factory but great clamps, clamps, you can buy "constant tension clamps" otherwise known as mubea clamps

Disassembled the PS pump this afternoon and cleaned internal parts. The rebuild kit I bought looks to be the right one. I've got to take a wire wheel to the body and reservoir so I can repaint it, or my OCD will drive me nuts. The hardest part so far has been getting the whole thing out of the truck, and getting the pulley off the shaft. Rebuild and re-installation look to be easier.
fortunately that pump appears to be in good shape, in terms of no issues from contaminents or severe cavitation issues etc.

to protect your system in the future, I suggest putting a 3/8 inline PS filter on the return line(great time to make a cooler if you were ambitious) since the issues of that pic above there are from metal bits being abrasive inside. Its hard to say if its from the gear or if the pump had some major issues before my time. I flushed my fluid and put a good used pump on and put a filter inline to protect it and keep it from being worse than it otherwise could be

if you are keeping your OE cap make sure it doesnt have a plugged vent, otherwise toss a new one on there

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
I installed the pump back in the truck but I couldn't complete the job as the return hose broke in half while preparing to hook it up to the pump. Bought enough fluid to do the flush once I get a new hose attached.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Finished rebuilding the steering pump assembly. It took a while as there was sludge build up on all the internal parts, as well as the reservoir. Removed it all with brake cleaner, rags, and a brillo pad. Next up is painting the reservoir, reassembling everything, and reinstall the whole thing back into the truck. I'm planning on flushing the whole system once it's back up and running.
I wish you had done a single thread on this with part numbers, $$$, etc.
Looks like you've done a great job!!