What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Well, I've not done alot since having a heart attack on 5-1-23. I have been building my strength back the last few months & now I'm getting back into the shop. I've pulled two engines & going to replace one in the Big 10 this evening or in the morning. I really hate cannibalism but when you have one in great shape not running & one that paint ONLY holds together but runs...you do what you must.
Glad to hear you’re recovering! Scary stuff. A lot of people don’t have the mindfulness of the signs and symptoms that you had- good on ya.

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
Glad to hear you’re recovering! Scary stuff. A lot of people don’t have the mindfulness of the signs and symptoms that you had- good on ya.
Thanks. It happened so fast but I knew it was a different feeling. That "timer" in my head was the worst tho. It clicked off as soon as I realized "I'm having a heart attack"!

HS

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
That's wild. I've always heard those are the signs but never knew anyone that had the conscious thought to be able to describe it afterward. Making your left arm hurt that bad is a dead giveaway for sure

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Ordered up the wrong valve cover gaskets from Summit, so I ordered the ones I wanted initially so I can finally get these things in.
You must be registered for see images attach

They’re not in perfect shape but good enough for who it’s for. Right about in line with the shape of the truck in general.

Noted is no breather hole in one, didn’t notice that before. I know, my attention to detail astounds you.

So, I’m contemplating whether to hook up the one with the hole/baffle to vacuum via PCV valve or just putting a breather in it open to atmosphere. I’m leaning toward just a breather.

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
That's wild. I've always heard those are the signs but never knew anyone that had the conscious thought to be able to describe it afterward. Making your left arm hurt that bad is a dead giveaway for sure
It felt like a ratchet strap constricting around my left arm. The surgeon (cardiologist) asked me a few times to let it rest while performing the stint procedure. Most folks are not conscious during this I learned. I must have been most aggravating as I asked questions during the procedure.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
I think it's interesting how on the squares, you could get the 3+3 in a 3/4 ton truck. On the OBS you have to get a 3500, except for the crew cab short bed '99-2000. Those can be 2500; I know a guy in East Houston who has one he's restoring.

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
I think it's interesting how on the squares, you could get the 3+3 in a 3/4 ton truck. On the OBS you have to get a 3500, except for the crew cab short bed '99-2000. Those can be 2500; I know a guy in East Houston who has one he's restoring.
Dad's is a C20 Crew but the frame & brakes are C30, less the hydro-boost which his is vacuum.

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
When I did an intro to this site I asked about the K30 conversion. I now have all the parts to do this. SM465/NP205 bolt yoke, Dana 60 or 10 bolt front & 14FF rear.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Got my starter back today already. Dropped it off yesterday at about 330 and ready after work for me. New armature, bushings,brushes and all. 97 bucks. Gave him 100. He works right out of his house. Well, shed outside in the heat too. Had a window unit but it wasn't on. Cleaned up and painted ready to slap on. This time I know it fits. Lol

Last edited:

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Strickland's Farm looks like a junkyard as of late...
I can take care of that 3+3 for ya, I'll even weed eat under the rest of the vehicles for ya....no charge.

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
I can take care of that 3+3 for ya, I'll even weed eat under the rest of the vehicles for ya....no charge.
I hear you. Dad bought that new in 79 & I'm his 74 model. I better keep hold til I meet him in the here-after. There's more out there for you.

HS

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Well, the header gaskets are currently the least of my worries, lol.

This morning on my way to work, the trans decided it wanted to have a bunch of neutrals and nothing more. So out came the wasted th400 and the behemoth np203. Tomorrow, new parts will be going in. Hopefully I can get it going again... this is the truck that I'm taking to Richmond IN on Friday.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Well, the header gaskets are currently the least of my worries, lol.

This morning on my way to work, the trans decided it wanted to have a bunch of neutrals and nothing more. So out came the wasted th400 and the behemoth np203. Tomorrow, new parts will be going in. Hopefully I can get it going again... this is the truck that I'm taking to Richmond IN on Friday.

New trans or you rebuilding yourself?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
504SquareBody