What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ajax19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ajax
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
F
I appreciate this but, it needs a new solenoid because it works fine after you give it a whack. I'd rather just have rebuild the one I pulled because I know it fits. It's been 3 now and I'm done. Lol
I keep all my old parts for this kinda reason even the old brake lines and M/c can be rebuilt I worked at a shop that made custom hoses awhile back and I'll keep them around incase I need longer lines in the future (I prefer the rubber to stainless lines in my experience last way longer)

Muncie

Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 Chevy Suburban
Engine Size
350 sbc
I had all new polyurethane body to frame mounts installed from radiator to the barn doors and in between.

Attachments

• 20210326_155252_HDR.jpg
    20210326_155252_HDR.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 38

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
^Those copper gaskets are from Summit and I DO NOT recommend them. Besides the ports being larger than they were supposed to be, the gaskets don't compress very well. You really have to crank the bolts down tighter than what should be necessary to make them seal. Even at that, #4 has a big leak still so I'll pull that one back out for inspection.

The last header gaskets I got from Summit were aluminum and sealed perfectly.
I used the soft aluminum ones that are the compressible soft aluminum gaskets- I think Mr Gasket makes them. They were a breeze, the crappy ones that were on there before leaked like crazy.

Last edited:

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I can understand that. Best wishes to your Grandpa. Hope it's not serious
Fairly serious, but he's doing well. He's been having gastric issues/stomach pain for nearly 3 years now. The doctor he's been going to has just been passing it off and changing his meds. My dad finally got involved and forced him to get a second opinion. That doc scheduled a colonoscopy but they couldn't perform it because they found a huge blockage in his large intestine on the scans. How the first quack didn't see it on his scans, we don't know. I have a feeling there may be a lawsuit brewing, my parents are pissed.

So Thursday he had to go under the knife, they took out ~5" of his large intestine and looked for any other signs of anything but thankfully was clear. The surgeon thinks it may have been cancerous but we won't know till the labs come back. But he said they got it all. My grandpa hasn't been in too bad of pain thankfully. Mostly out of it and groggy but did eat and drink some Saturday/Sunday. I got an update from my mom this morning, the surgeon said he's healing up very well and doing better than expected. They've had him up and walking several times yesterday/today and he "gets to graduate to cream of wheat" today, whatever that is. Hopefully he'll get his NG tube out today. He also turned 87 Saturday, not exactly what we had in mind

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Fairly serious, but he's doing well. He's been having gastric issues/stomach pain for nearly 3 years now. The doctor he's been going to has just been passing it off and changing his meds. My dad finally got involved and forced him to get a second opinion. That doc scheduled a colonoscopy but they couldn't perform it because they found a huge blockage in his large intestine on the scans. How the first quack didn't see it on his scans, we don't know. I have a feeling there may be a lawsuit brewing, my parents are pissed.

So Thursday he had to go under the knife, they took out ~5" of his large intestine and looked for any other signs of anything but thankfully was clear. The surgeon thinks it may have been cancerous but we won't know till the labs come back. But he said they got it all. My grandpa hasn't been in too bad of pain thankfully. Mostly out of it and groggy but did eat and drink some Saturday/Sunday. I got an update from my mom this morning, the surgeon said he's healing up very well and doing better than expected. They've had him up and walking several times yesterday/today and he "gets to graduate to cream of wheat" today, whatever that is. Hopefully he'll get his NG tube out today. He also turned 87 Saturday, not exactly what we had in mind
Glad he is doing better. Really glad he found a DR. That actually cares. My wife has Chrones decease. It took us three DRs to figure out what was wrong with her. In 08 she had a major resection done.... 5 foot if her small intestine, and 2 foot of her large intestines were removed. GI issues are nothing to joke about, it almost killed her.

Tell him Happy Birthday from all of us here. He's in our prayers for a speedy recovery.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Well I'm going to put this out to my brothers and sisters here. Should I shave the firewall, or Not. It's just mock up. Nothing has been cut or welded... YET!

Attachments

• 20230731_105246.jpg
    20230731_105246.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 37

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
the set I looked at today (trusting the sellers reading on the tape) was 64 (guessing 63 actual). It was on a long bed GMT400.
Do I want 63's on a k10? Thx for a reminder on the info.
It will be a much smoother ride, but you will have to do the modifications I mentioned. I have the 3/4 ton 5-leaf 61" on my truck now, and they ride nice. They will give you the equivalent of ~4" of lift just with the spring though. It also affects the pinion angle, so expect to need a shim to get it back where you want it.

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
New ignition module and wires. More to come later. I ran resistance of all the ignition wires new and old to see if any were bad, and see if you can see how long the wire is by its resistance. None of my old wires were bad. will post numbers on resistance shortly. Wires are standard Delco.

Attachments

• ralphs new ignition.jpeg
    ralphs new ignition.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Ralphs new wires.jpeg
    Ralphs new wires.jpeg
    186.7 KB · Views: 24

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305

I went through all that too. Your grandpa will feel like a new man a couple of weeks. Nothing worse than having gut heath issues! I was miserable for a couple of years before they removed the bad portion of my intestines. Glad to hear that they got it fixed.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Glad he is doing better. Really glad he found a DR. That actually cares. My wife has Chrones decease. It took us three DRs to figure out what was wrong with her. In 08 she had a major resection done.... 5 foot if her small intestine, and 2 foot of her large intestines were removed. GI issues are nothing to joke about, it almost killed her.

Tell him Happy Birthday from all of us here. He's in our prayers for a speedy recovery.
Thanks Shawn, it's greatly appreciated

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Well I'm going to put this out to my brothers and sisters here. Should I shave the firewall, or Not. It's just mock up. Nothing has been cut or welded... YET!
Depends. Are you already committed to aftermarket AC or it being deleted? If not, I vote no and put the factory stuff back

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gord