What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Yer not wrong about that! I’m actually starting to look for a correct hard line for it, but not sure where to start- catalogs are full of them and my experience with a prior project was that it was hard to find the one with the right bends (even though it claimed to be correct for the application). If you have a link for one for a standard pump to an Edelbrock 1406, feel free to share. Thanks in advance!
IDK I make what I need your local parts store should have hardline and fittings.so you don't have a flare tool and a bender bend it around paint cans or anything round,slow and easy 2 Inch chunks of rubber line just at the ends as connectors. Still beats 3ft of rubber line.

Last edited:

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
IDK I make what I need your local parts store should have hardline and fittings.so you don't have a flare tool and a bender bend it around paint cans or anything round,slow and easy 2 Inch chunks of rubber line just at the ends as connectors. Still beats 3ft of rubber line.
For now I've ordered this, since I'm not particularly skilled at bending tube or flaring. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rsd-fpc69nns
Might luck out and have it work...probably not, but I guess maybe it's time to build that skillset of bending and flaring.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I have about 50 relay and plug kits, along with a bunch of cross link wire of various colors and gauges.
Like these...

You must be registered for see images attach

I can build an entire harness if I need to...
The most logical place that stray voltage could be leaking out is in the relays themselves which being obviously cheapo units seems likely to me.
I have a couple quality relays I can plug in if I can find them. See if that fixes it.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Adjusted the choke so it'll actually start and run when cold. National had it set to where the flap was completely closed. It ran like crap for about three minutes. Then the flap opened enough for some air to mix in. It's been sitting for a few weeks because of that.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
For now I've ordered this, since I'm not particularly skilled at bending tube or flaring. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rsd-fpc69nns
Might luck out and have it work...probably not, but I guess maybe it's time to build that skillset of bending and flaring.
I used AGS as recommended by @74 Shortbed . Doesnt' cost much. Get the size you need, should be available locally if you have an autozone close by.

For what I paid $25 for years ago, it's $35 now for 25'. Pac-625 is what I used on the LS swap.

mtbadbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Replaced my leaking power steering gear box a month or so ago with one my mechanic buddy had, only to realize it was an earlier version, '67-'80, with 18:1, 4 turn ratio w/flare fittings instead of o-ring. Anyway, I decided to replace the input shaft seal in my original one, and after getting what I thought were all 24 ball bearings inside, I find one laying on the floor. Fast forward to yesterday, when I decide to remove all the ball bearings and count them and confirmed that one was missing! I tediously re-installed all 24 in the correct order, re-installed the box, got system all filled & bled today without any leaks!!! FWIW, Inline Tube is the only place that is showing the CORRECT return line fitting off the gear box, so I had to order it today. O'RIELLY'S had a Precision branded one that is about 4" long & straight, which the factory one was bent at a 90 out of the gear box, so I had to use it for the meantime.

Last edited:

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I used it to drag my little trailer to pick up a few boards for my Dad. Pop doesn't say much about the Old Truck but he gets in it every time and rides along. I am not sure he understands how much attention it gets. At the lumber yard folks kept coming over to ask about it. I almost ran over one guy who was looking underneath it...

For you folks that live where there are plenty of these trucks, my '87 is a Big Deal down here in Swampy Flatlandistan.

You must be registered for see images attach
We have a ton of lowered C10s around me but not many nice 4x4s around. I always gawk at them when I see one. Would love to add a 4x4 to the fleet in the next couple years.

cjdock

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Adjusted the kickdown cable this past weekend. Wow, I waited a bit long to do that, its so much nicer to drive with it holding gears like it should and actually downshifting. Also added in LED lightbulbs to the dash. Easy job, plug and play and what a difference.

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
We have a ton of lowered C10s around me but not many nice 4x4s around. I always gawk at them when I see one. Would love to add a 4x4 to the fleet in the next couple years.
It's funny to me that we always want Something Different. The more commonplace a classic vehicle is, the lower its value. Something rare, something different is almost always worth more.

When I was at Cruisin the Coast probably 98% of the 2WD squares were lowered. Lowered C10s were so commonplace that when an original height 2wd would come through everyone noticed it and it attracted a lot of attention. When I was young and square body trucks were still brand new at dealerships a lowered truck was very unusual so we always noticed them. Now a standard height truck is unusual.

My 4wd gets a lot more attention than it deserves, mostly because it is a 4wd that isn't excessively lifted. The 4wd thing is a bit unusual and does add a little bit of cool factor.

If you do add a 4wd square to your fleet I would love to see it. You have a way of taking "cool" to an entirely different level.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Stock height and stock stance looks good, and unless you're rock crawling or mud bogging, is sufficient, but traction adders would be preferred and no more than a 2 inch lift so it looks stock height on a 4x4.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
It's funny to me that we always want Something Different. The more commonplace a classic vehicle is, the lower its value. Something rare, something different is almost always worth more.

When I was at Cruisin the Coast probably 98% of the 2WD squares were lowered. Lowered C10s were so commonplace that when an original height 2wd would come through everyone noticed it and it attracted a lot of attention. When I was young and square body trucks were still brand new at dealerships a lowered truck was very unusual so we always noticed them. Now a standard height truck is unusual.

My 4wd gets a lot more attention than it deserves, mostly because it is a 4wd that isn't excessively lifted. The 4wd thing is a bit unusual and does add a little bit of cool factor.

If you do add a 4wd square to your fleet I would love to see it. You have a way of taking "cool" to an entirely different level.
Thanks! I absolutely love your truck. If I got one, it'd be a similar recipe as yours. Mild lift, 33s or 35s, clean in and out and LS swapped like my current one.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
truck died going to work today. After that I could only hear the starter solenoid click. So after 1 pinched starter cable, a ground cable (troubleshooting), a battery (troubleshooting), I have a starter that tested bad at OReily's (gear not kicking out) that did on my workbench. So I'm at a standstill until Thursday when another DB Electrical starter comes in for $75 vs $150+ locally. Lasted almost 6 years.

CKinKS

Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Harvest is finished so i have time to work on projects. Here are the first pictures I’ve shared of the project.

I decided to do a bunch of work to get the burb ready to go to deer camp. Exhaust was first on the list so off to the muffler shop we went. It’s amazing what rattles and messed up things you hear when you dont have a straight pipe dumped under the driver and passenger doors.

The previous owner was doing body work and there were some spots he had sanded and bondo’d but hadn’t painted yet. That got covered up but i ran out of paint so i couldn’t continue.

The drive to deer camp was the first real drive that i have made and it did fairly well. I made sure to track the miles and fuel ( gauge does not work) and discovered that i am getting a lovely 5 mpg.

I don't like the wheels it has on it and my new ones arrived today. Procomp 69 series 16 inch polished.

The wheels on it are 20 inch moto metals if anyone would like to buy them.

Attachments

• 332BA4E3-4EDA-44D7-A308-7E8883322B0A.jpeg
    332BA4E3-4EDA-44D7-A308-7E8883322B0A.jpeg
    201.5 KB · Views: 44
  • DA4CDA35-AEB4-46EB-B408-64D6B50B61E2.jpeg
    DA4CDA35-AEB4-46EB-B408-64D6B50B61E2.jpeg
    113.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 73CDA596-ADB4-4934-84C3-348079ED1B14.jpeg
    73CDA596-ADB4-4934-84C3-348079ED1B14.jpeg
    176.2 KB · Views: 42

Forum statistics

Threads