What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Well I didn't have much time to work on it today...That damn work thing. I did get the back window down, and Cleaned out the back. I don't know what in the Hill have eyes $hit this was for, but it was all dried out, and all over the freaking place. Lucky no dead bodies of any kind...LOL

Let me through this out to the site...Keep the spare tire rack? Or pull it and sell it? I'm pretty sure it's all there...maybe missing a piece or two.
I have that exact same rack on my blazer, didn't now its factory. I took it off because the rear quarter is too rusty to hold it up.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I believe it was @Craig 85 that posted those pictures.

I had no idea that some of the trucks got aluminum trim on the tailgate until I saw it here. I'd really like to know why some were aluminum and some were adhesive-backed vinyl.
Me neither! Being in R&D, I'm really intrigued now lol

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Found a thread talking about this exact trim! @Keith Seymore Do you have any light to shed on this? I don't mean to keep beating a dead horse but I've gone down the rabbit hole now lol. Trying to figure out why only a handful of trucks have the aluminum piece instead of vinyl.

Last edited:

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I believe it was @Craig 85 that posted those pictures.

I had no idea that some of the trucks got aluminum trim on the tailgate until I saw it here. I'd really like to know why some were aluminum and some were adhesive-backed vinyl.
It was me. Here's the pictures again.

You must be registered for see images attach

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Found a thread talking about this exact trim! @Keith Seymore Do you have any light to shed on this? I don't mean to keep beating a dead horse but I've gone down the rabbit hole now lol. Trying to figure out why only a handful of trucks have the aluminum piece instead of vinyl.

If it matters, my K30 was made at the Janesville, WI plant. I'll trade to my trim and clips for a 2" cowl hood. :lol:

Last edited:

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
It was me. Here's the pictures again.

Very interesting! .. that’s a first for me, Have never seen that type tailgate trim… But I Like it !:cool:
And the aluminum trim can be restored and polished..

Last edited:

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
File this in the WTF category.

3 interior lights in the Suburban- the one on the floor and 2 dome lights.

Screwing around with the new lighter some more and saw a spark as I put it in.

Not good.

Check the dome lights - no workie.

Hit the horn - no workie, but, it would make a buzz noise and the floor light would come on.

The floor light was also coming on when the element was inserted.

So, bought fuses tonight and changed out the 20 amp for horn, lighter, and dome lights. Which now reads as "HO" as somehow my finger oils removed part of the old lettering...

Horn and dome lights work now.

Again- WTF ?
:think:

Also put the new preheater duct on .

I cant measure - thought mine was 1-3/4 - nope, 1-1/2.

Cut the ends off the old, and slid them inside the bigger new.

Dun !
:anitoof:

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
@Goldie Driver one of my more frustrating troubleshooting experiences was in a friend's 1987. His floor light, and cigarette lighter were intermittently not working. The cigarette lighter was a problem because he couldn't reliably charge his phone. He "cleverly" installed a larger fuse which caused his fuse block to start melting. I finally traced it to the cheap phone charger he was plugging in the cigarette lighter socket which had a direct short. It actually wasn't a problem with the truck at all.

My irritation today has to do with LMC components. Sometimes they do okay, sometimes they do not.

3 and a half months ago I cleaned up my center caps and replaced the faded 4x4 emblems on the rear. Those emblems are actually thin metal stickers. The originals were VERY Difficult to remove. They were destroyed by the time I got them off. I installed a set of LMC "stickers" and last weekend one fell off and the other was coming unstuck. I ordered a second set and this morning I thoroughly cleaned the surface, prepped everything nicely and installed my new sticker. 3 miles later it was gone.

I purchased some JB Weld brand Gel Glue and after a good re-cleaning, stuck the new sticker on. I also gently pried the loose one on the other side out and squirted some of the JB Weld Gel Glue behind that one as well.

It's amazing how stupid I am sometimes and how pathetic the quality of todays components can be.

A new emblem:

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
A small victory...but a victory none the less. Got the four captured bolts out of the body mounts today...without any problem, well the passengers side front gave me a little problem, but I just worked it back and forth...All of the bolts look good except one...

Attachments

• 20220715_214416.jpg
    20220715_214416.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 39

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size

Before Keith jumps in I am curious why my corner trim, and body for that matter are black in the center? The corners are aluminum 100% and there is no tailgate trim which I assume is because it's a Scottsdale?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Before Keith jumps in I am curious why my corner trim, and body for that matter are black in the center? The corners are aluminum 100% and there is no tailgate trim which I assume is because it's a Scottsdale?

The black center is because it's a Scottsdale. The lack of tailgate trim is simply because it's missing.

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Ok thanks for that. It makes sense but that begs the question would it have been aluminum with a black center or vinyl now that we know there are two types? Because now that I know it's missing, I need to replace it lol.

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I decided to just Enjoy my Square Body today. Yesterday I cleaned it up nicely and this morning I loaded my two roommates into it. We crossed the Mississippi River at Donaldsonville and rode through Pierre Part, Louisiana. We had lunch at Landry's (think Troy Landry of Swamp People fame) and then toured the world famous Pierre Part Store. Had an interesting time at Landry's, a gentleman asked about my Truck. I mentioned wanting to paint it...Everyone in the restaurant, including my waitress said, "NO! Do NOT Paint That Truck!"

They do say, "Pics or it didn't happen" so here are a few from today:

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
Lo and behold I have found a "NOS" rear trim for a Scottsdale and it aluminum with the clips! That was money I didn't need to spend this month lol.
NOS ?… Score! Money well spent

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gord