What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Well, here's an update on my 700r4 from jegs. As yall might remember it came in last Monday. Opened it that Friday only to see they sent me a th350. Wtf!

Man I was pissed after waiting for 2 months to get the wrong one! Calmed down and called them on the 5th because of the holiday. She apologized and said they would make sure I got the right one this time but, it'll be the end of August before I could get it.

Sent her pictures and they picked it up last Friday. Found the sticker after getting the shrink wrap off it. I was gonna just send it back and get my money back but, I've had no luck finding a core around here thought I'd give them a chance to make it right. The wait has been so long tho.
You must be registered for see images attach

Thought it didn't look right before I found the sticker on the box. Sent Vince the pics and yup it's a 350. Lol

So I guess we'll see what comes in this time. Fck me! Lol
And a BOP 350 ta boot!!! Completely wrong!

67ventwindow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
At what point do we actually put things back together? I just keep cutting parts off, Order from the twilight zone and keep waiting. My battery is now dead so I will probably cut it off, if all things go to form.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
still waiting on the truck from a paint job from a brother/hunting buddy's neighbor. Single stage. Dunno if I'll be able to let him scuff/buff it out.....hunting seasons coming. May have to save it for later. But I can say major rust is gone. You can see the orange peel that I may or may not take care of. We'll see. Again, daily driver and hunting truck.....that I treat like a truck.

full

Last edited:

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Lubed the speedo cables the other day and still had some speedo bounce and hurky jerky cruise action.

So, decided to take apart the cruise module and put a little oil in places on it. Speedo seems a little smoother and the cruise still works at 35 , so I guess I did not screw anything up. We will see on the Beltway tomorrow if the fix worked.

Also got the parts in from LMC so I "installed" the lighter element. :dogpile:

Pop out action is a little weak, but it gets good and hit and after 2 tries the dome lights and horn still function so I guess it works.

Now if I can find rear door ashtrays.

And several other more expensive fixes, but one at a time ...

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Lubed the speedo cables the other day and still had some speedo bounce and hurky jerky cruise action.

So, decided to take apart the cruise module and put a little oil in places on it. Speedo seems a little smoother and the cruise still works at 35 , so I guess I did not screw anything up. We will see on the Beltway tomorrow if the fix worked.

Also got the parts in from LMC so I "installed" the lighter element. :dogpile:

Pop out action is a little weak, but it gets good and hit and after 2 tries the dome lights and horn still function so I guess it works.

Now if I can find rear door ashtrays.

And several other more expensive fixes, but one at a time ...
What do your rear door ash tray look like...like the ones in the back of a Blazer?

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
What do your rear door ash tray look like...like the ones in the back of a Blazer?

I believe they are bigger - the 3rd seat ones might match the Blazers, though.

Look at the rear door panels on this one- damn, this one was clean !

:drool:

Ron Sebastian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe V10
Engine Size
Cleaned up my lift springs...POR15 them and put a top coat...going to let them dry over night, than pop the bushings in them, and set them to the side until I need them...
Is that about the same as turning your old rotors and waiting for the next brake job?

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
I believe they are bigger - the 3rd seat ones might match the Blazers, though.

Look at the rear door panels on this one- damn, this one was clean !

:drool:

Gotcha...the ones in the back of the Blazer are mounted in the side wall. Or at least mine are.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Is that about the same as turning your old rotors and waiting for the next brake job?
LMAO...No I'm just getting everything together, so when I pull the frame out from under the body. After I pressure wash the frame, and POR15 it. I'm going to pull the front axle clean it up, and POR15 it. I'll have all the clean stuff to put back, and it will go fairly quick.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Dropped the trans, and transfer out...

Attachments

• 20220713_173110.jpg
    20220713_173110.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 38

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
At what point do we actually put things back together? I just keep cutting parts off, Order from the twilight zone and keep waiting. My battery is now dead so I will probably cut it off, if all things go to form.
Sorry dude…I had to laugh reading this! So true.

StickyLifter

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Screw You Homophobes
Truck Year
N/A
Truck Model
N/A
Engine Size
N/A
I may have just made a little mistake but in my defense I had no way of knowing until I got started. I decided to change the spark plugs and I wanted to go back with the original, correct spark plug. I ordered a set of AC Delco CR43TS plugs, set the gaps to .035 and swapped them out.

But the plugs I removed are the E3 brand. I didn't realize exactly what I was looking at when I pulled the first one. I should probably have stopped right there. After the job was done I started it up to make sure everything was put back correctly and I could hear that it wasn't as crisp. My son noticed it too and told me "It sounds weaker. Why did you do that?"

Because I am an idiot I guess.

Any thoughts on these stupid E3 Plugs?
I'm usually kind of skeptical of 'special' spark plugs. I happened to see this video on youtube shortly after I saw your post and it looks like the E3 plugs may provide better performance. Spark Plug Comparison

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I've been searching for the last hour and can't find it. Didn't someone in here (or one of the other threads) post a picture of their tailgate trim and it was an aluminum piece with clips? Rather than the vinyl/soft stuff? Was that you @Grit dog ??

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Well I didn't have much time to work on it today...That damn work thing. I did get the back window down, and Cleaned out the back. I don't know what in the Hill have eyes $hit this was for, but it was all dried out, and all over the freaking place. Lucky no dead bodies of any kind...LOL

Let me through this out to the site...Keep the spare tire rack? Or pull it and sell it? I'm pretty sure it's all there...maybe missing a piece or two.

Attachments

• 20220714_092043.jpg
    20220714_092043.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 20220714_093737.jpg
    20220714_093737.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 20220714_094854.jpg
    20220714_094854.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 43

Forum statistics

Threads