Picture heavy. G10 nomad van

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kudos for time spent with the family, I messed up on that when my son was a child. I’m not a camper as I didn’t camp as a youngster. When anyone brings up going camping I always say I got all the camping I’ll ever need when I was in the Army.

However I now have twin grandsons that are 3 1/2 and I might need to rethink the camping thing. I only live a few miles from the Kentucky river but have never checked out camping opportunities.

Your example also points out that you don’t have to have a $100,000 motor home to have a good time!

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
I grew up camping and camped alot as a young adult but when i moved to the property im on now(18 years ago) it had no house so i lived in a tent for the first summer and an rv for that winter. I havnt really camped much since. I guess the van brought back memories if my youth, traveling, and it brought me back to camping. :D

We camped a lot when I was a kid. Lots of great memories. We would go off and sneak up on the adults. There was one guy that we could never sneak up on, he was crazy alert.

My idea of camping is to relax and recharge and regain some sanity up around 9,000 feet where there isn't any cell signal and the night temperatures can dip into the 30's. My wife likes to go go go. So our last few camping trips have been just that, but as she put it, I was showing her areas either I haven't been to, and she for sure hadn't been to. Now that we have seen those places, we can do my kind of camping the next time we go.

I really like the area you go to, looks like a lot of fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
86sunnyguy