New Process A833 4speed w/ OD MY6 MM7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I'm pretty sure '85 was the first year for the hydro clutch. And yeah, the pedals were different and there were two versions. The pedal bracket for vacuum brakes is a little different than the one for Hydroboost. I've been told you can modify one to work with the other, but I don't remember what was involved. If anyone has a pedal assembly for vacuum brakes we can compare and get it figured out.

I'll look tomorrow. I have a set from a Hydroboost truck and a set from a vacuum booster truck.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Took a look at the brackets i have. Seems the studs are missing at the top on the Hydroboost setup and you'll have to bolt it in and the studs are there on the vacuum boost setup and you'd have to remove them to use it with Hydroboost.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
attachment.php

Attachments

• 100_8445.jpg
    100_8445.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 308

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
If anyone is interested, there is a guy in Deleware with this Trans, Tcase, Shifter, Bellhousing and probably more, selling the whole kit for $500. He did a swap.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I have yet another set sitting here.

I could have gotten a Zbar clutch pedal set up at PAP yesterday. Not sure if it's worth getting or not. I know the one part that's riveted to the frame was there, but how the hell would I get that? I guess a cordless drill.

But, still no Hydo set up, and no resevoir or master or slave. I'll probably end up having to buy the Resevoir, Slave and Master new, which would be OK too if I had the funds. 89S has pedals when I get ready, but I still need a flywheel and throwout bearing too. I have a good used clutch and pressure plate.

fender banger

Reaction score
First Name
Al
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
Any One looking for Parts for this 4 speed od I have one for sale Complete! The trans works but think it s been sitting to long . Bearing are Real Noisy ! Shifter works fine and Bell housing is GOOD ! 2 WD Though ! Contact me Thanks Al PS STILL IN THE TRUCK

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Any One looking for Parts for this 4 speed od I have one for sale Complete! The trans works but think it s been sitting to long . Bearing are Real Noisy ! Shifter works fine and Bell housing is GOOD ! 2 WD Though ! Contact me Thanks Al PS STILL IN THE TRUCK

Sitting to long is no such thing for a manual if it's had gear oil in it. Might be a tad noisy at first, but the first trip around the block should re lube the bearings and all be just fine. So you don't really have parts but a complete working used 2wd transmission? Is this an aluminum model or cast iron? I've seen the 2wd come in both. How much are you wanting for it with shifter and bell housing?

rct1969

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size

I would be interested if hotrodpc does not take it. I sent you a PM

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Not me, No fundage. Go For it. I know where there is also another 2wd aluminum case with shifter in working condition.

fender banger

Reaction score
First Name
Al
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
This OD Trans is Cast Iron ! With Brand New Throw out bearing . Less Than Twenty Miles on it !

rsnafu

Reaction score
First Name
tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Just picked this up from fender bender great deal could not be happier. Complete set up with a cast iron case

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84