Looking at 92 Yukon for my son

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
The caliper I replaced is the one with reduced fluid when bleeding. I have seen many cars/trucks where the metal clamps that hold the hose in place corrode and collapse the hose. These hoses/clamps appear to be in good condition. My next move is to try and loosen the metal line to the hose, and see if there is a difference in fluid volume.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
So explain the difference in master cylinders, and what the advantages are? This is a modification I’m not familiar with.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
So explain the difference in master cylinders, and what the advantages are? This is a modification I’m not familiar with.
Nada cloo. That's the first I've heard of it.
I think the difference is in the abs system.
But I have both an early model and late model masters if anybody wants one or wants pictures.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
The hose failures that I am talking about do not fail at the crimp fitting, but in the middle of the hose. This picture that I found of hydraulic hose shows the inner lining that contains the specific type fluid in the hose. In this case the brake fluid. If the liner (bladder) fails it can and has blocked the flow. There may not be any outside evidence of the failure.

You must be registered for see images attach

I do not know the differences in old or newer ABS master cylinders. I can explain why it is so important to make sure the rear shoes are adjusted properly for bleeding the system.

Salty Crusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
Make sure your son gives it a Spanish name, all tailgate/hatch Tahoes and Blazers were hecho en Mexico.
My 3 are Julio, Juan and Pedro.
Hatch should pop out only slightly when the button is pushed but there aren't any springs - I'm wondering if weatherstrip provides the push???

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
Here's my 94 2500, 205k on it everything works except the A/C. And it needs a complete detailing. It gets used less than 1,000 miles a year. Fixing to put it on the market.

You must be registered for see images attach

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size

So this was all the boys research and I think this video is one of the ones he found that somewhat explains it.
He bought a 2003 Suburban master cylinder and bolted it into our 1995 as it has the typical spongy brake system.

We did not delete the malfunctioning ABS system out of ours yet, but there was a noticeable difference in how it brakes with just the master change.

You will need the master and the two adapter fittings that are pretty easy to find.
@Maxwellvis just went to the FLAPS and ordered what he needed and it was all here a couple days later.
He installed it all on his own and it just works.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
You can eliminate the ABS system and go right to the master. You will have lights on though. I would just go to pull a part and get an ABS unit. They give like 30 day warranties so if it's bad you can get another. Also as said replace all the rubber lines. There old and most likely collapsing or blushing to some degree. Also if one busts likely a new driver won't think fast enough to down shift it and use the parking brake and will most likely wreck. Sin e it's your son is spend the $50 or so on new rubber lines just cause the old ones are probably 25 years or more old.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg