K20 pulling 19k lbs...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
This has to be a complete joke. It's like a train wreck, I just cannot help but keep watching. There is absolutely no way that any person who would consider themselves qualified to tow something this big and this heavy could be seriously considering using whatever that is in that pic. If you can't look at square "U" bolts on a round axle and see that it isn't safe to drive... I can only imagine what the rest of that truck looks like based on that one pic.

This guy has got to be playing with us. He cannot be serious.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Also that caddy motor ain't fitting in a square body truck w/o some serious mods unless you have the Eldorado pan.... been there done that.

Hunter79764

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V20
Engine Size
Hey, we've all got plans, goals, and dreams. Sometimes it takes a bit to figure out which is which. My 6.0 swap, which is totally doable, been done a thousand times, and I've done similar already is starting to look more like a goal than a plan for various reasons. My dream of turbo'ing the 4.3 on my Monte turned out to be just that, but warped into a plan to LS swap it 12 years ago that happened. It happens, as long as we're having fun and staying as safe as we can along the way, that's what counts.

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
I quit reading the responses a few pages back. Here's the 16 CCLB DMax with the 16K LB (empty) camper. The frames on these trucks are taller & almost a foot wider. 4 wheels disc brakes & shock arrangement to boot. I wouldn't even try to hang this camper on my 79 C20 Crew. It's hands are full with a loaded tag-along car trailer.
You must be registered for see images attach

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
For reference, here's my son's 87 K20 Sub with my old 07 Dmax 2500 on a tag-along. Thankfully we only had to go about 2 miles with this set-up.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
To make matters more confusing, posted weights are all over the place. For instance Strick’s camper shows a dry weight of 13,758lbs on the website. Only thing we can actually go by DANO, is the tag on your camper.

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
Yeah, here's another one. Dad's old Crew has over 400K miles & it pulled a utility trailer with a fuel tank & chain saws the first 20 years of it's life. The springs are spanked but still...

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Besides the square u-bolts, there's hollow aluminum blocks back there too. Ok for a small truck, but certainly not for a full size truck.

Dano500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Factory C6P K20 from the 80s is 8 leaf’s plus the overload. 9 total.
Agree, no bueno on the square bolt, round axle scenario.
It has eight plus the overload if the bottom thicker one is the overload. I'll take a better pic in morning. So, the u-bolts are upside down? lol Sorry for the dumb question.

Dano500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Besides the square u-bolts, there's hollow aluminum blocks back there too. Ok for a small truck, but certainly not for a full size truck.
Yeah, makes sense. I will look for solid blocks. Thanks for pointing that out.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
I quit reading the responses a few pages back. Here's the 16 CCLB DMax with the 16K LB (empty) camper. The frames on these trucks are taller & almost a foot wider. 4 wheels disc brakes & shock arrangement to boot. I wouldn't even try to hang this camper on my 79 C20 Crew. It's hands are full with a loaded tag-along car trailer.
That's amazing that this trailer is 42' long and as heavy as it is, and it's only a dual axle. The one we have is 40' and has triple axles. Most of the big fifth wheel trailers I see around the park are duals though, so I guess it works okay. Some tow them with a SRW one ton, but most use duallies. Around Rodeo time, this place is full of crew cab duallies....

Dano500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Hey, we've all got plans, goals, and dreams. Sometimes it takes a bit to figure out which is which. My 6.0 swap, which is totally doable, been done a thousand times, and I've done similar already is starting to look more like a goal than a plan for various reasons. My dream of turbo'ing the 4.3 on my Monte turned out to be just that, but warped into a plan to LS swap it 12 years ago that happened. It happens, as long as we're having fun and staying as safe as we can along the way, that's what counts.
Heck yeah. I’ll at least do the caddy and 4l80e and who knows about the rest.

Dano500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
To make matters more confusing, posted weights are all over the place. For instance Strick’s camper shows a dry weight of 13,758lbs on the website. Only thing we can actually go by DANO, is the tag on your camper.
Where would I find the tag? I got the info e mentioned before from a sheet glued to the wall in the kitchen cabinet. Lol

Dano500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
That's amazing that this trailer is 42' long and as heavy as it is, and it's only a dual axle. The one we have is 40' and has triple axles. Most of the big fifth wheel trailers I see around the park are duals though, so I guess it works okay. Some tow them with a SRW one ton, but most use duallies. Around Rodeo time, this place is full of crew cab duallies....
Yeah, I arrived to Houston right around that time. So many RVs everywhere! Lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SquareInheretance