Hi, my name is Andy and I have a sickness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
And Andy...How do you NOT get burned out on all these projects man? I can barely keep my 1988 on track - though I change it a little but in a big way at times - between what my van and Blazer need...

That's exactly how you DON'T get burned out. You have different projects. I get sick of working on the 4x4 Small Block Truck or driving it. I"ll do some work on the Big Block 2wd truck and drive it for awhile. Now I'm DD ing the box van and haven't done that in over 10 years.

I need to get me a list together of what each truck needs, but I sure hope to have some cash to get each of them some love. I'll be looking for 4x4 Burb or Blazer for sure so might change some of my plans on the 4x4's.

But the 84C20 is getting all new shoes, maybe the OE wheels powdercoated in white, the AC fixed and I'd like to get an Eddy intake for it so I can easily adjust the carb. I think GM to make it harder and to avoid carb adjustment but the EGR right in front of the carb on purpose.

The Box Van will be getting the New Cat Converter, or possibly just straight duals, and front end alignment since the front tires are wearing weird ever since my daughter climbed a curb and hit a building with it.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
My wife would shoot me if I had as many projects as you guys. She wants me to put more in the 1988 but it is going so slow right now. When I want a 2WD, all I find is 4x4s, when I want a 4x4, all I find is 2WDs...

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
My wife would shoot me if I had as many projects as you guys. She wants me to put more in the 1988 but it is going so slow right now. When I want a 2WD, all I find is 4x4s, when I want a 4x4, all I find is 2WDs...

Don't even give me that ****. I know you tongue punch her in the fart box, and that'll get you whatever you want. And I've seen her a couple posts on FB, say, Well go get it Jay !!! I'm not buying it. :rofl:

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Yeaaaahhhh! She says that on FB but then "well..." :emotions122: The joy of living with a bi-polar woman...The garage is filled to capacity now and I don't like leaving anything outside.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yeaaaahhhh! She says that on FB but then "well..." :emotions122: The joy of living with a bi-polar woman...The garage is filled to capacity now and I don't like leaving anything outside.

Yeah, I know whutcha mean. What I hate, when is I have cash nothing availalbe, when a deal comes up, broke of course.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yeah, I know whutcha mean. What I hate, when is I have cash nothing availalbe, when a deal comes up, broke of course.

Every dang time.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Oh yea, congrats on getting the Nova, Andy! Can't wait to see it all put together.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Interesting concept. It might. But, as a rule of Thumb in the Street/Strip days, Big Block Nova and OE PS was a No Go. I can't imagine 78 would be much different than a 70-72, but that's possible too. I'm referring to 70-72.

I went out to the garage for a look, pretty sure you are correct. Looks like the bracket and pump *might* tuck in there, but it looks like the pulley would hit the steering box. I'd rather run a manual box anyway, less stuff under the hood. And like you pointed out, the skinny tires up front will help out a lot. I also will remove the front sway bar to help with weight transfer, as well as run drag shocks. The rear has air shocks that still work, I want to run individual air lines so I can adjust the pressure in each shock. Probably will also add half a leaf in the right side pack... and of course traction bars too.

And Andy...How do you NOT get burned out on all these projects man? I can barely keep my 1988 on track - though I change it a little but in a big way at times - between what my van and Blazer need...

Like HotRod said, it's hard to get burned out on a project when you have so many to pick from. I just about always have the desire to work on something, I just work on whatever tickles the fancy at that time. And if I don't have money to buy parts for a project, I've always got parts ready to go on another project.

Thanks for the interchange too. I'm still curious if an S10 box would work, probably a different spline count on the input I guess. But maybe it's as simple as different threads for the bolt holes.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
HOLY ****, Skinny Tires up front, weight transfer, Drag Slicks.... starting to make my sticker peck out !!!

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I have heard Novas need a lot of structure work under them to prevent torque twist on launch. Never stopped me from loving the bodystyle though. Glad you brought it home!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
HOLY ****, Skinny Tires up front, weight transfer, Drag Slicks.... starting to make my sticker peck out !!!

Drag shocks... Doubt it will be in the budget for tires anytime soon unless I find a good deal. I've got a set of nice 235/60 tires I can run in the rear right now. But it looks like there's enough clearance for a tire in the 255 or 275 range.

This is a new kind of project for me. When I've messed with cars before, I was always focused on keeping it a multi-use vehicle. Things like streetabilty, reliability, originality, comfort, etc. This one is just to have fun and go fast in a straight line.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I have heard Novas need a lot of structure work under them to prevent torque twist on launch. Never stopped me from loving the bodystyle though. Glad you brought it home!

There's a brand new set of subframe connectors that came with the car. I noticed when unloading from the trailer that someone has put quarter skins literally right over top of the original quarters, so that might actually help strengthen the body, lol.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Uhh Yeahh, you can expect some rippling in the passengers side floor pan and a little in the hump on the passenger side near the firewall. They do twist a bit.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
You know a Nova used to go fast when you can grab the left rear corner of the car and teeter totter it on the front left front and right rear tires, having the Left rear or right front off the ground. :laughing1: You can rock your babies to sleep in the Nova staning outside the car.

woodsrider250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350-Qjet
LOL, so true. Any unibody car though.......Just saw an OLD episode of PINKS the other night, one of the first when my Buddy Nate joined the show. LT1 Camaro vs a notch Fox. The fox twisted so hard it blew the sunroof out during the 1-2 shift. Roll cages help a lot ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64