New Member and new owner of a 1976 K20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dryriver1

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
1984, 1999,
Truck Model
1984 Chevy Silverado K10, 1999 Chevy 2 door Tahoe 4x4
Engine Size
350 cid, 5.7
Welcome from far west Texas!

legend57

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Hey All,

Thought I'd provide an update on the build. I took the rolling chassis with the Cab and Bed over to the body shop earlier this year. He replaced the passenger floor pan, repaired the cab corners, and repaired the rust spots on the Firewall. He then went to install/fit the new doors, fenders, and hood. I had purchased the "premium" replacement sheetmetal, but they all either had some amount of damage, or just didn't fit right, so it took him some time to get everything lined up. All good now. He painted the firewall the body color and dropped it off about 3 weeks ago. Cab body work is done, less final block sanding. He is working on the bed, fenders, doors, and hood while I get the engine, trans, t-case, fuel tanks, brakes, steering, inner fenders, and radiator support installed.

You must be registered for see images attach

Installed the Steering Box reinforcement bracket from Off Road Designs. It is a nice piece and installed easily. My front crossmember was not so elegantly modified by the PO, but the bracket still works. It gets a bit tight with the brake proportioning valve, but it still fits fine. Frame wasn't cracked, so this bracket should prevent future issues.
Not shown, but I also installed the brake lines, fuel lines, and the line for the carbon canister from the tanks. The kit was from Inline Tube. The quality is great. Brake lines installed easily, but the fuel lines were a fight and I'm not sure I got it quite right yet. Note, taking the passenger side motor mount frame bracket off helps significantly.

On a side note, I am so happy with the Eastwood Chassis Black paint. That stuff is rock hard and durable. I've used it for over 20years and the stuff takes a beating and looks great. They have the newer versions (2K and upgraded), but their basic chassis black works great and so I've stuck with it.

I should have an update soon with the motor, trans, and transfer case installed. I had a last minute issue with the NP203 I had rebuilt. Apparently, the builder didn't install the part time kit correctly, so I had to take it to a local shop to have corrected. Wasn't cheap to have rebuilt, and this just adds to the pain. The nature of restorations.

CountKrunk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Count
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Custom Deluxe 3+3
Engine Size
v8 350
Sick restoration so far for sure.

Latest posts