AuroraGirl is buying another square... is it a good one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Unless you take into account of hyper inflation induced by **** hitting the fan. Or worse yet our currency being worthless.

IMO, our dollar was at its maximum buying a few months ago as compared now through the foreseeable future. Buying things that will make your life easier is not a bad idea. Not pertaining to the purchase of this thread, but to the general statement that now is the time to sell, not buy.

For instance, a few months ago I bought 4 2500 gallon potable water tanks to put on a bench I cut into on of my hills and a UV filtration system. Let’s say that setup ran me $5,000. In a few months, if there’s economic distress and/or hyperinflation It’d potentially cost me significantly more...say $10k

In other words-what a thousand will buy today, may cost 2000 next month. I’ve seen this first hand with lumber prices. They’ve doubled during the pandemic.

Saving worthless pieces of paper may be useless in the future, but durable items will always have value.

I understand that POV but the way I see it - if one can sell their "extra" stuff NOW, one can still buy necessary items. Now is the time to sell, because you can still buy.

In my experience, many people have already stopped buying "extra" things, like hotrods and project trucks. It seems to me that the prime selling time has passed already and I believe it will remain that way for some time.

Like dude keeping that truck? He's a fool :imo:
$850 buys a lot of groceries, ammo, and / or supplies instead he has a yard ornament full of "memories". I am not that way - I think that's ridiculous. Hes the type that still thinks hiding under the covers will save him from the monsters under the bed. :confused:

Now is NOT the time to keep kitschy ****. Again , that's my opinion but im not a sentimental type.. Everything I got is for sale and you can't eat memories. :shrug:They aint gonna keep ya warm and healthy neither.

Sorry , not sorry.

Last edited:

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I understand that POV but rhe way I see it - if one can sell their "extra" stuff NOW, one can still buy necessary items. Now is the time to sell, because you can still buy.

In my experience, many people have already stopped buying "extra" things, like hotrods and project trucks. It seems to me that the prime selling time has passed already and I believe it will remain that way for some time.

Like dude keeping that truck? He's a fool :imo:
$850 buys a lot of groceries, ammo, and / or supplies instead he has a yard ornament full of "memories". I am not that way - I think that's ridiculous. Hes the type that still thinks hiding under the covers will save him from the monsters under the bed. :confused:

Now is NOT the time to keep kitschy ****. Again , that's my opinion but im not a sentimental type.. Everything I got is for sale and you can't eat memories. :shrug:They aint gonna keep ya warm and healthy neither.

Sorry , not sorry.
Fortunately for me, my preparation and self sufficiency started long before the pandemic. I have enough food, water and heat to last a long time. It’s all icing on the cake for me at this point.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Ive got a cult to join if i needed the support