Green Gas Monkey Wrecked Truck being rebuilt.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
That’s nothing. The latest c10 I bought had a pair of vice grips holding the bumper to the frame horn.
Yes but your truck wasn't built on a tv show claiming it was a 6 figure truck and "the best c10 in the world" then half assed attempted rebuild from a youtuber who got in over his head :lol:

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Many of the issues he's run into thus far were caused by Alex and his attempt to rebuild it. Who knows how good the truck was prior to the wreck. We know that the gauge cluster was a hacked up POS but that's all we know about the pre-wreck truck.

Not surprisingly, Alex started 'final assembly' with all the suspension stuff without making sure the frame was 100% back in alignment it appears. Wonder how well it fit prior than the collision?

The frame it was on from GMG was trashed in the wreck. Doing a back half an the steering notches in the front for the rack apparently weakened it alot. Alex got a donor truck (which honestly wasn't in bad shape) to start the rebuild on a new frame.

Seeing this truck after the accident is why I'll never build one that lays frame on a stock chassis. Aftermarket all the way. We all know how flimsy these frames are to begin with. I'm sure the speed an angle of the hit in the accident didn't help but man it didn't hold up at all...

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Did he ever say how much he bought the wreck for? For all what he's doing it seems he could have built a new one from scratch with less hassles.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Did he ever say how much he bought the wreck for? For all what he's doing it seems he could have built a new one from scratch with less hassles.

From what I got from the first diebold video Alex never actually bought the truck. He was sponsored by 74auto or whatever it was an they had him "fixing" it for them but he never actually owned it. After it got stagnat an he disappeared they went an got it back, an after a search found the current shop to finish it up. So the way I take it is 74auto or one of its owners actually own it still.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
The frame it was on from GMG was trashed in the wreck. Doing a back half an the steering notches in the front for the rack apparently weakened it alot. Alex got a donor truck (which honestly wasn't in bad shape) to start the rebuild on a new frame.

Seeing this truck after the accident is why I'll never build one that lays frame on a stock chassis. Aftermarket all the way. We all know how flimsy these frames are to begin with. I'm sure the speed an angle of the hit in the accident didn't help but man it didn't hold up at all...
Ah yes. I’d forgotten that. Been so long and I’d never gone back for a refresher :)

Radiohead

That guy on the Columbia
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
MCMLXXIX
Truck Model
C-20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
454 crazy cubes, or 7.4 luscious litres
Many of the issues he's run into thus far were caused by Alex and his attempt to rebuild it. Who knows how good the truck was prior to the wreck. We know that the gauge cluster was a hacked up POS but that's all we know about the pre-wreck truck.

Not surprisingly, Alex started 'final assembly' with all the suspension stuff without making sure the frame was 100% back in alignment it appears. Wonder how well it fit prior than the collision?
This makes sense now. I forgot about the first attempt.

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I watched as much as I could of this Alex rebuilds series on the c10 and gave up. He just was kinda clueless. "Please every body comment and tell me what I'm doing wrong.." Starting over on a well used truck would have been much better, if he had a clue. I do what I can, not what I can't. How could he afford that facility and tools. Cash is coming out his ears. Then, he complains that "i'm doing it all with no ones help.. Why Alex??

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
I'm going to watch this on my lunch break today. I've been off the net for about a week now so I missed this one :)

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Haven't had time to watch this one myself yet but it's out.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
Haven't had time to watch this one myself yet but it's out.

Saw it yesterday. Pretty decent one.

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I wouldn't want to debug this truck when they get it running.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Running an driving!

Some other finishing touches

According to their video list the final one on this truck is due out in a few days.

Edit: if your doing trim on a 73-80 watch the second one. I really like how he did that!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL