Green Gas Monkey Wrecked Truck being rebuilt.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kurnacopia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Man, after watching this im surprised GMG has anything still on the road
I dont think its so much GMC as it is GasMonkey. Those guys just slap **** together and make it look nice. They have no respect for a clean build....just fast money.

Radiohead

That guy on the Columbia
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
MCMLXXIX
Truck Model
C-20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
454 crazy cubes, or 7.4 luscious litres
Poo water tends to elicit just such a reaction in folks regardless of the location. No worries here mate.

At least it wasn't stale poo water.

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I am giving some serious thought to doing this cab vent trick... I noticed that the vent doesn't fit tight and he says he is going to glue it to make sure it doesn't leak. Would you guys trust the glue and if you would, what glue would you use?

I really don't want to make a hole in the cab that will be a pain forever but my doors have to be slammed to get them to latch thanks to the air pressure inside.

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I would probably use windshield urethane if it needed something to seal and hold
I nearly cut a hole in my cab last night before I realized the fit wasn't going to be great with the way it snaps in. I went back to the video and noticed his was pretty sloppy too and they glued it to make sure it sealed. It was episode 6 that they did that in the last third of the video.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I was thinking about putting 2 in mine because the symmetry of what they did there annoyed me but I am not sure it needs them both.

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I sent Diebold body shop a message last night on Facebook as I was sitting in the garage with the cutoff grinder in my hand to ask what sort of glue they used to hold it in there. This morning I got a reply!! If anyone else was curious this is what they said they use.

I prefer using a 2-part epoxy seam sealer like 3M autoumix but you need the 2-part gun to dispense it. Or you can use windshield urethane. Either way will hold up indefinitely for you.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
I think since the cabs are on the smaller side 1 will be plenty. If it's in the middle like that no one will ever know when the beds on it. If you did 2 then it might be seen through the gap, if that is a concern.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I didn't follow along on this after Alex went silent with it. Seems that Diebold didn't have much good to say about Alex's work. And of course we already know Gas Monkey's work. Hopefully Diebold did it justice and made it right. I didn't watch all of his videos either.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
I didn't follow along on this after Alex went silent with it. Seems that Diebold didn't have much good to say about Alex's work. And of course we already know Gas Monkey's work. Hopefully Diebold did it justice and made it right. I didn't watch all of his videos either.

I think a few things could have been done a little different, but that's my personal preference on stuff. it's definitely 100% better than it was from even before the wreck. He did much better work for sure.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I passed this truck's clone yesterday (in west Toledo). Same body/year style, paint colors and scheme. Dont see alot of nice SB's around here (except the ones spread around the shrubs by landscapers) so it more than stood out.

Didnt pay much attention to this whole build. All the cable-hot rod shows are such OCC-type circuses. Even someone like Foose did the slap together heaps for the show.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I passed this truck's clone yesterday (in west Toledo). Same body/year style, paint colors and scheme. Dont see alot of nice SB's around here (except the ones spread around the shrubs by landscapers) so it more than stood out.

Didnt pay much attention to this whole build. All the cable-hot rod shows are such OCC-type circuses. Even someone like Foose did the slap together heaps for the show.
Thats funny because i never really watched foose's show but i have a dislike for him and idk why.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1