Deleting emissions,read this article.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I keep saying emissions are EPA, Federal, not state,not local. Just because you don't have to have an emissions inspection where you live doesn't mean removal is legal. Consequences can be pretty big I believe the fine for selling a vehicle in Texas with no cats is 25,000.00 if a car came original with cats,it has to have cats that's in all 51 states. I don't care what you do,but if you're going to blatantly violate federal law don't be dumb enough to tell everyone about. When' is some cute new lady square owner actually going to be an EPA agent or a soccer mom with an agenda. Besides it gives more people more reasons for wanting to ban our old cars I guarantee you the man in this article never saw it coming. And everyone says oh that'll never happen,but those same people that will cry no fair,no fair I didn't know,what a rip off. If you rob banks don't put it on face book,if make illegal car mods don't put it on the internet,just drive right to the police station and tell em in person. Oh yea almost forgot, deleted emissions isn't legal offroad either there's even talk about racecars having to be emissions legal,if it came with it it has to have it. Yes we think it's stupid,but there's more of them than there are of us. How many soccer moms or EV owners care about your truck more than they do about air quailty,and the more ammo we give them the more they are going to use. AND the more we will suffer. Tell em Airplanes pollute more,blah,blah,blah, they aren't going to ground airplanes it effects them,grounding your truck doesnt effect them a bit. Did someone tell you life's fair? Guess what? It isnt.

Last edited:

RaisedK5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Leland
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
And the EPA does actually do random on road sniffer tests. Had a club member 20 odd years ago get pulled over in nowhere San Diego county in his 72 blazer. Was handed a fist full of violations and spent the next 30 days collecting parts to put all the smog stuff back on so they wouldn't impound his truck.

Now if they'd only start charging the cat theives under the federal tampering rules.

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
And the EPA does actually do random on road sniffer tests. Had a club member 20 odd years ago get pulled over in nowhere San Diego county in his 72 blazer. Was handed a fist full of violations and spent the next 30 days collecting parts to put all the smog stuff back on so they wouldn't impound his truck.

Now if they'd only start charging the cat theives under the federal tampering rules.
They have a remote unit that can detect excessive emissions when a vehicle is driven by. Probably use that information to inspect the vehicle further.

It is possible to build a HP motor that doesn't pollute excessively. Air pump and cat are huge exhaust cleaners and neither cost any noticeable power.

Last SB I put back on the road, many of emissions items were missing or inop. Found most of it at the local pick and pull for less than $50. It takes a little research and knowledge to find out what a particular vehicle was built with and make it all work but it's not brain surgery.

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I keep saying emissions are EPA, Federal, not state,not local. Just because you don't have to have an emissions inspection where you live doesn't mean removal is legal. Consequences can be pretty big I believe the fine for selling a vehicle in Texas with no cats is 25,000.00 if a car came original with cats,it has to have cats that's in all 51 states. I don't care what you do,but if you're going to blatantly violate federal law don't be dumb enough to tell everyone about. When' is some cute new lady square owner actually going to be an EPA agent or a soccer mom with an agenda. Besides it gives more people more reasons for wanting to ban our old cars I guarantee you the man in this article never saw it coming. And everyone says oh that'll never happen,but those same people that will cry no fair,no fair I didn't know,what a rip off. If you rob banks don't put it on face book,if make illegal car mods don't put it on the internet,just drive right to the police station and tell em in person. Oh yea almost forgot, deleted emissions isn't legal offroad either there's even talk about racecars having to be emissions legal,if it came with it it has to have it. Yes we think it's stupid,but there's more of them than there are of us. How many soccer moms or EV owners care about your truck than they do about air quailty,and the more ammo we give them the more they are going to use. AND the more we will suffer.
E bay was recently hit with a federal suit about the diesel tuners sold on their site. There have been a couple shops hit as well.

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So, when you go to parts suppliers, do they have the parts to keep our emission equipment working like new. If not, what do you do? Air pumps, catalytic converters, Induction valves are not available anymore. Because no one buys them, or?

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
So, when you go to parts suppliers, do they have the parts to keep our emission equipment working like new. If not, what do you do? Air pumps, catalytic converters, Induction valves are not available anymore. Because no one buys them, or?
Availability is a problem. Yes, a few parts are harder to locate. Have seen this with other collector cars. The aftermarket will provide parts if the demand is there. A wise person would save any of those parts for reinstall or sale. What seems to be asked more here is how to rip emissions parts off not knowing the ramifications.

I was lucky enough to find everything needed except the air cleaner and charcoal cannister. Cats are not sold used [fed law] but are available at any muffler shop.

There were 10's of thousands of these trucks made every year for 20+ years. Really doubt any part isn't available.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Getting the parts is our problem not their problem which is way we need to quit throwing this stuff out. I've told you guys before years ago some guys from California came to my shop wanting to buy all the O.E. stuff including air cleaners they could buy. IDK what there resale markup was but enough to come from CA to Kansas City to buy crap for CA cars

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I often wonder we'd be this bad off if it wasn't for the idiots rolling coal and posting it all over the innerneck.
You might be very right but all motorheads need to wisenup what 2% of the population thinks is cool,just makes the other 98% roll their eyes and say we have to stop this. Whether you even have capabilities of rolling coal doesn't matter they don't know this and they don't care. Just like dog breeds, doesn't matter if have the nicest pit bull in American, that breed is a target and some communities have banned them. AR15s, etc. when people get a target it doesn't matter what reality is, they fixate on what they perceive is a threat and we are definitely out numbered. I'm hoping a few of you will take the clue and tell others stfu, you draw unwanted attention.

Last edited:

Radiohead

That guy on the Columbia
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
MCMLXXIX
Truck Model
C-20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
454 crazy cubes, or 7.4 luscious litres
At least that round bounced off.....

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I often wonder we'd be this bad off if it wasn't for the idiots rolling coal and posting it all over the innerneck.
You got that right, idiots. Don't think for a minute the gov isn't watching.

Trying to pass a medical for a pilot license. They have every record from birth until today, medical, driving [got am improper pass ticket in 1977], and likely what I ate for lunch.

Think about what can be stored on a PC. They have acres of those little data gobblers.
Utah data center;

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
And while technically correct, who tf cares…
First, it’s not the old cars that used to have cats 40 years ago that the epa cares about. Yes if you don’t fall into some age or classic vehicle exemption in an area that tests, you are gonna have to get er up to snuff.
The entire context is around an action that is 1,000,000 (figuratively, idk) times bigger and that’s on road light to heavy duty diesels. And sure love my 2016 diesel that has had zero emissions issues and never will, lol. Idgaf. If it got that bad I can re install it.
It’s a good warning but I’d say of almost zero significance in the context of vehicles in the category we’re talking about on this forum. (Old trucks and cars).

sidschev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
sidney
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
i defy gooberment .....

Attachments

• dont.jpg