Anyone who doesnt have a service manual read this.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dryriver1

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
1984, 1999,
Truck Model
1984 Chevy Silverado K10, 1999 Chevy 2 door Tahoe 4x4
Engine Size
350 cid, 5.7
My dad was a street racer,about 12 years old or so every night at dinner I'd say dad what does the cam do? How does abigger cam help? etc.etc.etc. until one night he threw his Motors manual,blue book 3 or 4 inches thick up on the dinner table. This will tell you everything. I read it like a novel,memorized lots of it. That was my start. I wish I had that manual. Anyways my purpose on this thread was to point out to newbs,people that just don't run across manuals for their square,there are 4.00 dollar manuals out there,that will give you tons of pertinent information,even though it's not printed for a square. Kinda like if you had a book on how to paint a wall red,you could probably figure out how to use that same book to paint a wall green. Any 1970 -1990 repair manual that covers a rwd,sbc vehicle is a whole lot better than no manual for most of our members.

Hello @Ricko1966. I hope all is well.

That is really an excellent idea and advise for many of us that don't have that much of experience and knowledge.

I really appreciate your help on so many of the topics here!

Be well and stay safe out there.
Best wishes to you and all of your loved ones always!

R.
Dryriver1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trchno