Deleting emissions,read this article.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
They are trying to eliminate ICEs not just diesels the general public perceives old vehicles as a pollution problem. Soccer moms and for that matter most grown men don't know the difference between a 5.3 and a duramax.
So how much money is actually paid for these VAVR vehicles? What percentage would the amount pay for a replacement vehicle? My guess not much.

what about all the wrecked Teslas and other electric cars where do they go, recently on a trip through Olympia WA I saw many (10+) wadded up electric cars sitting in peoples front yard, where are they going to go? landfill or recycle? or parted out in a wrecking yard?
In some cases, they go to third world countries. No one there worries if a poorly repaired wrecked Tesla blows apart. Tesla isn't on the hook for any cash because the car was sold as scrap.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
On Wednesday of last week I stopped by the smog shop I have been loyal to for years because he is honest and a veteran. He said he can't test my vehicle because CARB has suspended his facility from being a STAR facility. He is in the appeals process. I stopped in again on Friday to talk to him further about it. He got dinged by CARB because he didn't fail enough vehicles. WTH! If they pass they pass. If they fail they fail, and he has both passed mine and failed mine. He does tell you what failed, but CARB can suck it.

Last edited:

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
So how much money is actually paid for these VAVR vehicles? What percentage would the amount pay for a replacement vehicle? My guess not much.

In some cases, they go to third world countries. No one there worries if a poorly repaired wrecked Tesla blows apart. Tesla isn't on the hook for any cash because the car was sold as scrap.
Idk what they pay I'd bet not much it's the same old thing as the cash for clunkers B.S. they're trying to eliminate old cars in anyway thay can.

sidschev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
sidney
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
ok thats it i poured 2 gallon used motor oil in a barrel lit it up now im warm....smokes a lil but im warm......wheres the hotdogs...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod