Cracked windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
@Camar068, what in the lower corner are you wanting to see? Plugged up pinch weld, cleaned up pinch weld, or installed gasket in the corner? Also, which side?

I do have some other pictures, but I want to understand what you're asking for first.
installed in corner, sorry about that and thanks

Kurnacopia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
I tried to get the glass replaced in my 1978 Scottsdale a few years ago in SC. I was told by several companies that due to insurance reasons they did not install in a Squarebody truck as old as mine. I was shocked. Only local mom and pop stores would even speak to me.
Note to self: Don't let 8yr old's throw a baseball near the truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
It was semi in jest. New tools are never off the table as valid gifts though!
(But you probably own 3 of every tool you’d need…lol)
It's been a weird day at work... Got a couple of the guys out unexpectedly today. What I really wanted to say is my wife is horrible shopper, she's like the opposite of most women and does not like to shop at all. We give each other 3 gifts a Christmas time and we are not allowed to tell each other what to get and no gift cards. It's part of the fun. Since we started doing that about 10 years ago we don't give each other krap gifts and we pay attention to what the other person needs. I've already got two of her gifts figured out. I mean who knows I've been bitchhen about the carpet long enough....

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I tried to get the glass replaced in my 1978 Scottsdale a few years ago in SC. I was told by several companies that due to insurance reasons they did not install in a Squarebody truck as old as mine. I was shocked. Only local mom and pop stores would even speak to me.

Good lord! You sure he wasn't using it for a backstop?

Kurnacopia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
My son and his friend seem to like to throw the ball at it...once it broke. He didn't say a word till I "discovered it" a week later. Then Dads wrath was released on said children......

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
^^^^^^^they still alive??

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350

I was told a similar thing years ago from a private shop. Said nothing older than '74. I told them that I was going to remove the old one, prep the cab, and bring it in, they still wouldn't do it, and that was on my '65, and I even had the gasket for it, just needed the glass installed. It's an item I need to have done on that truck, may have to do it myself.

Dang! It's like they used your truck as the back stop behind home plate. WTH!!!

Last edited:

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
@Kurnacopia Do those kids still play baseball or did you scare that out of them?

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Taking them out I cut the old gasket so I don't risk breaking the glass going in I made a hook tool out of an old screw driver bent it,ground on it and polished it smooth works like a champ.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
My youngest played varsity each year he was in highschool...the other kid...well he wasn't allowed back :)
Go break someone else's windows dang it!

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
My youngest played varsity each year he was in highschool...the other kid...well he wasn't allowed back :)
Lol. I’ve had similar issues with hockey pucks and golf balls with our boys.
One story funny as hell but too long to type out. But it involved the kids videoing their slap shots and me being on camera, unknowingly, while chewing their asses.
The most innocent one was both our boys were little. Probably 3 and 6 at the time. We just bought a new truck. Only 10k miles on it. Couple months later when I popped the hood noticed all the radiator fins were smushed flat, except those behind the wide grille bars.
Was totally perplexed until a couple months after that I see one of the kids sticking thier fingers in the truck grille. Turned out they both stood out there one afternoon and methodically folded over all the fins!

Couldn’t even yell at them. They both innocently admitted it and had no idea they were doing something wrong….

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T3rraBeara