Cracked windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kurnacopia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Lol. I’ve had similar issues with hockey pucks and golf balls with our boys.
One story funny as hell but too long to type out. But it involved the kids videoing their slap shots and me being on camera, unknowingly, while chewing their asses.
The most innocent one was both our boys were little. Probably 3 and 6 at the time. We just bought a new truck. Only 10k miles on it. Couple months later when I popped the hood noticed all the radiator fins were smushed flat, except those behind the wide grille bars.
Was totally perplexed until a couple months after that I see one of the kids sticking thier fingers in the truck grille. Turned out they both stood out there one afternoon and methodically folded over all the fins!

Couldn’t even yell at them. They both innocently admitted it and had no idea they were doing something wrong….
Now that's outstanding family time!!! I'm sorry for your truck, but those will be some great memories. My son didn't really understand the significance of a clear, un-cracked piece of windshield glass in a 78 Squarebody, so I didn't ground him till he was 35. All you can do is laugh really. Loved your story GD.....have a great day.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Now that's outstanding family time!!! I'm sorry for your truck, but those will be some great memories. My son didn't really understand the significance of a clear, un-cracked piece of windshield glass in a 78 Squarebody, so I didn't ground him till he was 35. All you can do is laugh really. Loved your story GD.....have a great day.
You too!
Funny part on the radiator fins, that was on a 3rd Gen Dodge diesel. Never had a lick of cooling trouble in almost 200k miles even with probably 70% or more of the airflow through the stack largely blocked.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
If you ever take one apart or more accurately install one, it will make sense that sealant should not be needed anywhere in the equation. Barring what was posted earlier to fix another issue like corrosion or damage to the cab.
At least it cant be any worse than ford from 1980-1997. They used urethane but they didnt do it right so a big portion of the trucks leaked from the windshield.
My f150 the factory urethane bead looks like a blind child ran the nozzle. I suspect giving a toddler a caulking gun and window weld couldnt have done worse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL